dollar. A ball cap just dosen't do much to
    protect your ears and neck but the nice
    wide brim on the Tilley does great. I chose
    the Airflo because it gets pretty hot in
    south Texas and its very light weight and
    vented very well.
    Any Tilley fans out there , whats your opinion
    on the Airflo style?

I have a really big head (nearly 8 1/8 if my hair isn't shaved) and Tilley is one of the few hats I have found that fit my big fat head. Mine was bought for me 15 years as a gift, but I would buy another in a minute. I love it.

I have a couple of them. One, the "Original" (a Khaki T3), I picked up it up around 1982-83. I bought he other around 1998 (olive) same (T3) model. I purchased them from Alex Tilly himself. Both are still going strong. I love them. Tough as nails and totally worry free. I haven't even bothered having a look until now to see what they have...and holy cow...LOTS to choose from now!!! I don't have the airflo style so I can't comment on that but I don't think you'll be sorry for picking one up. You'll have it for the rest of your life. I just noticed that they have a fur felt Montana hat and a Fedora now.
    Last edited by Mato Kuwapi; 04-10-2010 at 10:55 PM.
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh

"Catch and Release,...like Corrections Canada" ~ Rick Mercer

Tilly-ed since 2000...same reason as roygpa...love the hat, the tie down, the story, the pouch for money,etc...no experience with air-flo model but it's a Tilly - what worries, mate!

I have the Tilley LTM6 Airflo in olive & love it! I seldom wear a ball cap anymore. I wear the Airflo fishing, to the zoo with Grandkids, soccer matches, etc. The lightness, coolness, comfort, & sun protection the Tilley provides is just unbeatable.

Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

I've had a T3 for almost 15 years now that's starting to show some wear (along with a whole lot of staining) it was a shooting hat for me. I'm now looking at a T6 Airflo, as I've had three operations for skin cancer and I'm not yet 40. I like my Tilley very much and feel like I've certainly had my money's worth out of it.

I have to say that I prefer a ballcap on the boat, but I've taken to wearing a Buff over the top to hold my hat on at speed and keep the sun off my ears. We'll see how I do with the T6.

I am also a big fan of TIlly hats. I have one LT3 that I dyed olive green and use for fishing and on LTM7 that I use for yardwork. I picked up the LTM7 from Sierratradingpost.com for about $36.00. http://www.sierratradingpost.com/sea...criptions=True

Jim Smith

Blog Entries

Love the LTM6. Mine is tan and I wear it for most of my fishing trips.
    Better to be an active environmentalist than and environmental activist.

FFMIRSWTNBOF
    (Full Fledged Member in Raunchy Standing-Within The NBOF)

The Sierra Trading Post price is really a bargain. The late JC and I both have them and since I've had my bout with skin cancer I'd like to avoid any more. I really, really tried to get them as a Sponsor a few years ago, because I believe they are the best at what they do - no such luck. I do wear mine in Montana as well, the sun at that altitude on the water can really fry you.

I use the Airflo and love it.
    Capt. Paul Darby Dont wait to be ask, get out and teach.

+ Reply to Thread