+ Reply to Thread

Thread: March Brown Hidden Water 9' 5wt 7 piece

Default March Brown Hidden Water 9' 5wt 7 piece

I just got this rod a couple of weeks ago. It's a nice rod, but the action is just enough different than what I'm used to that I'm having trouble with it. So I've decided to pass it on and get something different. A friend recommended I post it here. (That's why my first post is trying to sell something.)

I haven't filled out the warranty card yet, so it will come with that. There is one small issue on the case. When I opened it the first time the zipper pull came apart, so until that is fixed the tube won't shut. Should be an easy warranty issue though and of course doesn't affect the rod at all.

Looking to get $200 but will consider reasonable offers. (Remember, I'm putting it toward a replacement.)

I'm very motivated to move this so I can replace it (budget doesn't allow me to replace it first.) Feel free to make any offers if you're interested in it. I would also consider trading for a comparable softer rod. Any trade would need to be at least 4 pieces though as it has to fit on the side of my backpack.

What kind of trade rod are you looking for? You said softer. I have a Redington RS4 8'6" 4wt, used one or two times. If that is not interesting let me know what you might be looking for. I've been looking for a 6-8 pc pack rod.
    Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
    -Henry David Thoreau

It sound like what drnihili is looking to do is to sell or trade his rod. His ultimate goal seem to be that he ends up with a medium to medium fast action travel rod.

The RS4 is faster than what I'm looking for. I'm used to something more along the lines of a St. Croix Imperial in terms of action. I definitely want to stay with 5wt, and at least 4 pieces. If I had my choice of anything, I'd probably go with an Albright A5.

I have an A5 5 wt that I would trade with you.

That works for me hardhat. Let's set up the shipping details in PM.

+ Reply to Thread