+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The unibobber

still using them as an indicator when fishing midges @ 40 feet.
    Please, support Project Healing Waters....Thank You

Buddy said:

"Heck, you could thread the larger one onto a hook, snug it next to the eye with a couple of thread wrap, tie on a tail, and have a decent little bluegill bug in about two minutes."

If a person wanted to fiddle around with these types of flotation gadgets here are a couple of ideas.

1. Get some floating jigs. I have tied them as buddy suggested and they work fine.

2. Get some small corkies. They are about a dime each which is cheaper than the unibobbers. They also are excellent floaters.

Tim

PS - Thought I would add a picture. Bottom bug (green) is a floating jig. I think walleye fishers use them. Center bug is a corky on a size 8 hook awaiting action. Top bug was like the center bug until a bundle of bass, both large & smallmouth beat it to death.

Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Panman; 03-27-2010 at 07:21 PM.

Tim I was in the shop today and thought I would pick up some of the the Unibobber's. I thinking of tying a "Royal Wulff" the other day, and since I can't stand tying the calf tail wings I thought of using the "Unibobber". Then creating the "Uni - Wulff".

uni-wulff 008.jpguni-wulff 005.jpg

Larry--

That could be very interesting indeed. Can't wait to see how it fishes!
    If it swims and eats, it'll eat a fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegill222 View Post
    but for me it's also about seeing how far I can take a new material and finding out what it will do once it gets there that something else might not do as well. Brings out the magpie in me I guess.

Lots of great comments. I knew I could count on you all!
    The best answer of them all. If it works and you like it, go for it. Thinking outside the box.

+ Reply to Thread