+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It begins....

Blog Entries

TF .. probably average 12-15 feet. The bulk of my fish have come in 2-6 feet where the wind is blowing in. I count them down (depending on the depth) and 4 to 6 inch strips. "Takes" were much more aggresive yesterday so I sped (?) things up a bit. Looks like today is the last "nice" day to be out for awhile. We're supposed to get 2-3" of snow here in the next couple days. I'm not sure I've ever fly fished in the snow. I'm heading out. May spend a bit more time on the crappies today.

Get after them.
    "Flyfishing is not a religion. You can make up your own rules as you go.".. Jim Hatch.. 2/27/'06

Blog Entries

I'm stuck on 9 bass. This is the third day in a row.

And.. they are getting smaller. This one was only 20".

but I did catch her on the 3 weight. Get to fish in the snow tomorrow. Goody.
    "Flyfishing is not a religion. You can make up your own rules as you go.".. Jim Hatch.. 2/27/'06

For a guy wearing a funny colored shirt, that is one nice bass.

Congrats on a great start to 2010. I'm jealous all the way around, the bass and the crappies.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    For a guy wearing a funny colored shirt, that is one nice bass.
    lol... Columbia - sale rack - $10. Poor people have poor ways. You don't like this one you are going to *hate* the "orange" one.

Had 2 crappie about 12" and a couple nice bull 'gills the other day. Hoping to tag a big crappie before it's over.

Weatherman "upgraded" the forecast a little for us. Looks like highs in the 50s this week. Hope to catch another good one or two.

goodfishin'... g

Quote Originally Posted by HideHunter View Post
    lol... Columbia - sale rack - $10. Poor people have poor ways. You don't like this one you are going to *hate* the "orange" one.

Had 2 crappie about 12" and a couple nice bull 'gills the other day. Hoping to tag a big crappie before it's over.

Weatherman "upgraded" the forecast a little for us. Looks like highs in the 50s this week. Hope to catch another good one or two.

goodfishin'... g
    Only put the shiete on people that I like. We've talked about your signature line before and how much wisdom is contained therein. Hoped that I would get a smile out of you over the comment. I'm jealous of the nice fish. It's all cool.

Rick

Was down just past you HideHunter to help the family celebrate my mother's 100th birthday. Friday we got out and the bass were hungry for a beadhead softhackle mallard flank affair I got in a swap. Biggest was about 1 3/4 lb. Didn't matter. I got in a long half day of fishing in warm sunshine before the snow hit on Saturday. Well worth the trip. JGW

Blog Entries

Definitely got a smile Rick

Good for you JG. Ran errands all morning and got out for about an hour this afternoon. Caught another good one but you'll have to take my word because my pack with my camera (and my bass flies) was sitting on the back porch where I put my boots on. The reason I was only out for an hour? Wait for it... Naturally - got snagged and lost my only fly (the one that's accounted for 3 bass from 19 1/2 to 20 1/2. Aw well - it was getting a little ragged anyway. Someone said it looked like fish guts.

I LIKE the shirt, adds great color to the pics! Yes, I know Rick was just teasing anyway... )
    Those really are some great bass for Iowa, HideHunter!
    After being outta town for 10 days, it sure was nice to see OPEN WATER here when I got back. Now I just gotta find time to FISH.
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

Blog Entries

Get after them Dave.. As you well know its a great time to catch "quality" fish.

I've had a couple people send me flies on the "squirrel tail" deal (thanks and I really appreciate it). Here's proof one of Carp's "Florida" flies will catch an Iowa bass.

Bass in Iowa, this time of year, on the fly and BIG ones...really...really, be proud!

+ Reply to Thread