+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TFO Finesse Rods?

Default TFO Finesse Rods?

I was looking at the TFO 7'9" 3 & 4wt Finesse rods today. Looked nice...felt nice in the hand. Anybody out there actually fishing them? Curious about some 1st hand on the water knowledge? Also looking at the Sage Flight....but they seem a little fast fo rmy taste. Your thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Hello:
    I assembled a 8'9" Finesse 4 wt. last year and use it allot. Nice medium action fishes really well with a 3 or 4 wt. line. Great fun for small to medium size trout, bass and panfish. Easy to cast great for dries and nymphs/ wets and works really well with bobbers and midge pupa.

Lanny

I use a TFO Finesse 1 weight. ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. It is by far one of my favorite rods that I own. It was the right price. my local fly shop, sell demo model rods, new in rod sock with the plasitic still on it, at 35% off. i do not want to spam this thread, so PM me if you would like his site.

the finesse series is a medium flex rod. the rod seems to transfer a lot of sensitivity. The cork handles seemed to be high grade cork. Very smooth. The rosewood reel seats add a really nice touch, and the dull metal components seems to just finish it off.

I love chasing some stockbows up in New England with it, and the occasional Largemouth bass.

I have it strung up with Sage's Quiet Taper II DT1F.
    Alive without breath,
    As cold as death;
    Never thirsty, ever drinking,
    All in mail never clinking.
    - Riddle

I use a 8' 2wt. Finess. I like it very much, I fish for bream(bluegills) and it is a blast with the 2wt. TFO rods are alot of bang for your bucks. I have always liked the feel of the rods. I have two TFOs both 2wt. one a 6' and the 8'. get yourself at least one and enjoy, take care, John.

+ Reply to Thread