+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It begins....

Blog Entries

Default It begins....

I have never seen a foot of ice disappear so fast. DBY we had ice. Today I went fishing.

Now, I should like you all to line up and collectively kick me in my collective butt. Had a good one on. Between the wind and a really subtle "take" I just really never got a good hook set on her. I still may have made it but she got around about three old dead lily pad stems and just spit it out. Oh well. I was going to let her go anyway.

This was my first open-water fish of 2010. 17" - Not too fancy but a start. Ended up with 6 and this was the biggest. Felt goooood.

"Flyfishing is not a religion. You can make up your own rules as you go.".. Jim Hatch.. 2/27/'06

Nice, Glad you got out.
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

gotta get down to the pond, gotta get down to the pond...

thanks for the reminder

.....so, the therapy worked; the shacknasties went away......?

Jim

Blog Entries

I'm pretty lucky in that I have so danged many hobbies I don't get the "nasties" too badly. (My wife does ). As I said - I was icefishng until last Saturday. Going to try a different place this afternoon.
    "Flyfishing is not a religion. You can make up your own rules as you go.".. Jim Hatch.. 2/27/'06

Cold Guest

The bass have yet to wake up on the little slice of heaven that is a small pond near my home (that, as far as I know, I'm the onl yone with permission to fish).

Pulled several gills out from the time there was at least a 20 foot circle of open water until two days ago...but only seen one bass so far.

My goal for that pond, this year, is to land one of the 5-6 carp in there that look to run every bit of 7-8 lbs...on a 3 or 4wt.

What did you catch that one on? Looks like fish entrails from here...

Blog Entries

lol... yeah, a Bunny Leech is a lot prettier dry than wet.

Caught 9 yesterday but nothing over about 2 1/2#. Good luck on the carp. I've only hooked one and didn't get it landed. I also plan to fool around with the grassys some this year.

Going to a place this afternoon with potential for a "big" bass bite. Also some big walleye in there. Never caught a marble eye on the fly. But, I can't catch them from the couch.

Very nice! But i'm at work, and won't be able to get that out of my head all day now! THANKS!

Blog Entries

Here's my "birthday bass". 20 1/2".. Not as big as I'd hoped - but - we're gaining.

Caught nine again today. Next biggest was just over 18". Also caught 15 crappie on the 3 weight and a red Boa Leech.
    Last edited by HideHunter; 03-19-2010 at 01:48 AM.

HideHunter,
    Your killing me with your pics. I haven't had a chance to get our yet, and seeing you pull in big bass is just rubbing salt in the wounds
    A couple of questions for you. How deep are the ponds you are fishing in? How are you fishing the rabbit leech?
    With the weather forecast for the weekend not looking too appealing, I am probably going to have to wait till sometime next week before I can dust off the rods. Until then I will keep coming back to the post and keep dreaming.

+ Reply to Thread