+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Little update

Default Little update

Well I don't get on here very often, just when I am needing a break from homework and studies. I am studying to be a pharmacy tech. Only one in my class to get a 100 on the greek/latin test. Over 600 terms I had to learn in a week. I am the oldest in my class and well I am ranked #1 right now with a overal score of 96. Yep this old man who has not been in school for 39 years is pulling a 4.0 GPA. Of course I am studying or going to school for 60 hours a week plus a full time job. Gets rough at times and sleep is something I wish I had more of but that is the way it goes. I asked for this. Everyone get some fishing in for me I can't go till 2011.

You are a real inspiration, best of luck and keep checking in...
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

Since I retired from a college after 27 years, I know what you are going through and you should be very proud of your accomplishments. You are what is referred to as a "non-tradional" student. That is an adult that has decided to go back to college to better themselves and non-tradional students always do better than the 18 to 21 year olds because you are there to be educated and to learn and they are there hoping to slide through with a passing score and then they hope someone offers them a big paying job because they have a degree. You will have a degree plus many years of experience in the "real" world.

It is tuff now, but, trust me, you will never regret this.

Hold your head up and be proud. You deserve it....
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

harleybob87,

Congratulation being #1 in the rankings of your group in class, I know it is tough my daughter is going through it herself in her venture to become a pharmacy tech @ Michigan Tech.
    Popperfly>-<(((((*>
    Born to Fish...Forced to Work !

Thumbs up Great start .....

..... Bob. And quite an inspiration.

All the best as you continue down this road.

John

P.S. When you get through, maybe we can finally get together over in Salmon and go fishing.
    The fish are always right.

Attaboy Bob!!! You're doing great! (Even if you don't get much sleep.) Making that top score is one heck of an accomplishment.

John R

Man thank you all for your support. John S you can bet I am taking some time off to spend in Salmon steelheading when this is through. John R thank you as well how is the rod for Vickie doing. Popperfly my heart goes out to your daughter. I don't know how she feels but this I thought was going to be ok here is how you put the pill in the bottle end of class. I don't know how they pay techs there but I am trying very hard to get into a nuculer pharmacy which pays quite well. Warren that is what the head of the department keeps saying. thanbk you for your support as well. Steve thank you as well I really appreciate the support and yes I will keep checking in I realy miss everyone.

Congratulations Harleybob! You should be proud of your accomplishments; if you're not, we are for you, so there.

- Jeff
    Am fear a chailleas a chanain caillidh e a shaoghal. -

He who loses his language loses his world.

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Hi Bob,

You make me proud to be an old guy! Having taught college classes for some time, I can tell you that the non-traditional students (older folks) often beat the younger students unmercifully when it comes to grades, motivation and classroom success. Keep up the good work. 8T

Talking

A score of 96! Stop slacking,,, I want a 100 mister!

Keep up the excellent work. You do us proud. A real inspiration.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

+ Reply to Thread