+ Reply to Thread

Thread: test clip adapters (electronics)

Blog Entries

Default test clip adapters (electronics)

http://www.radioshack.com/search/ind...0adapters&sr=1

I am looking for some of these in small sizes, and larger. Does anyone know of a place you can get them with a little more quantity at a decent price? These are pricey when you get as many as I'd like to have. I would like 10-12 of each size. (for displaying flies) You can use them to let your fly head cement dry out and let the smell wear off, before placing them in your fly box too. (or before sending flies in for a swap) I was going to put these in a rectangular piece of wood, then glue them in. I know electronic supply stores, but maybe somebody knows of someone who has some they need to get rid of? It doesn't hurt to ask.

Kelkay,
    You can use the test clips as you indicate in your question, but, you might find it more economical and indeed advantageous to use alligator type clips. If you decide to pursue these make sure you get the ones with the round shroud on the end.
    A piece of Styrofoam with the clips simply 'jammed' into it makes a dandy drying rack for your purpose. Or you could get a bit fancier and glue the clips to short sections of wood dowels, pointing the opposite end so they can be stuck into the Styrofoam also.
    If you get a mid sized clip you may find you have no need for small and large sizes.
    Radio Shack also sells these alligator clips, but Ebay might be cheaper and a dozen quantity is pretty much a single package in a lot of places.
    Tight lines,
    George

Another way that is even less expensive is to use pencils with erasers....Not the best way to display but works quite well for drying ...the pencils can be obtained free at a golf course...[yes, they have erasers] the photos should be self explanatory....

Normand Guest

if you really want test clips, heres a place to get them in bulk

http://www.testpath.com/Categories/M...FUVn5Qodx0JOdw
    Last edited by Normand; 03-11-2010 at 07:07 PM.

Blog Entries

Here is another source.

http://www.frys.com/product/2374359?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Larry ---sagefisher---
    Organizations and clubs I belong to:

Fly Fishers International Life Member
    FFI 1000 Stewards member
    FFI Presidents Club
    FFI Fly Tying Group Life Member

Washington State Council FFI
    V.P. Membership

Alpine Fly Fishers Club
    President & Newsletter Editor--The Dead Drift

North Idaho Fly Casters club

Blog Entries

Thanks everyone. I do use the alligator style clip on my fly turner. I got a package of them cheap at Harbor Freight a long time ago. I used Gorilla Glue to keep them locked into the styrofoam. I think the test clip would be great in a block of wood. I have seen people use these at fly tying demonstrations, and they look great. I had hoped to get some in a larger quantity, at a good price. Still these are better prices than the two you get at Radio Shack for 3 dollars and something.

+ Reply to Thread