+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 9' 5wt Matrix

Default 9' 5wt Matrix

Yet another rod finished to take to the show with me this weekend. This one is a 9' 5wt 2pc Green Matrix with a black/green acrylic reel seat, nickle silver hardware, single foot guides and rev half wells grip. I wanted to keep this one subtle and classy looking so nothing wild on this one, just nice clean classic twist green/black wraps with a single turn of metallic silver trim. I kind'a like this one myself and if it doesn;t go home with someone at the show this weekend I may just have to add this one to my own collection

Steve

That's one pretty, pretty rod! Must confess ... when I saw those reel seats in the catalogues my thought was "Eeeeewwwwww". But as you've made them up ... I like them!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Bass_Bug Guest

Steve, Great job! I like the simple look. Just proves that sometimes less IS more!

I fell in love with the twill Matrix look when I first saw them in a catalog. I had a build all planned out and was planning on picking up the blank and all black hardware at Jann's when I was passing through Toledo. But when I saw the blank in person I was very disappointed that the signature weave look only went part way up the butt section. The guy at Jann's said thats how they make them . Thats was a couple years ago. are they still 2/3 black?. needless to say I scrapped the Matrix blank off my build list.

Don't get wrong your build looks great, specially those single silver trim bands.
    Last edited by Bass_Bug; 03-25-2010 at 01:30 AM.

Yep they end the twirl at 30" on the butt section. I think they have changed how abruptly they end it now though because I've noticed the Matrix I've built lately the end seems to "blend" a lot better than they use to on the ones from a year or two ago.

Steve

+ Reply to Thread