Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Chicks on the river

On the river....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    nam

Blog Entries

Betty... I don't know anymore about trout than a pig knows about Christmas... but I'd sure like to fish with you sometime. You sound like my kinda people.
    "Flyfishing is not a religion. You can make up your own rules as you go.".. Jim Hatch.. 2/27/'06

I would never refer to my girlfriend as "some blondie" in the first place. And as I asked 'her' what 'she' was using, I would expect to hear the answer from, 'her' as opposed to you.
    Could it be that the question was simply directed at a fellow fly fisher, and not at "some blondie?"
    I point this out as I have talked to many women who feel that fly fishing is a mans sport and since we dominate and they do not want thier participation looked upon as an invite to 'hit on them', they simply do not get into our wonderful sport. When this happens we are all losers.
    I am sure you made your post innocently enough, but it does illustrate the attitude of some of us who are allowing our insensitivity to prevent others from joining our ranks.
    Tight lines,
    George

Arrow

You're right about one thing...it was an innocent post.
    nam

Quote Originally Posted by namekagon View Post
    You're right about one thing...it was an innocent post.
    Well, it made no sense to me, but it got a lot of folks involved, and a member banned. English ain't for sissies. Suddenly the change in the new board format doesn't seem so bad. Love.
    Gary

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Hiner View Post
    <snip> Any comments I get are strictly due to the fish I C&R, and my abilities streamside. May you live so long to match any of my accomplishments.
    Oh dear. Betty has planted a seed of mischief which will, I suspect, come to fruition near the end of June...

Ed, carrying a seed of mischief
    (Expecting Betty to reply, "Just one?")

Blog Entries

how do women anglers feel about the term "chicks"? rather like any other group of people who are occasionally referred to with nick-names: we can use it, but if you do, you better smile...
    fly fishing and baseball share a totally deceptive simplicity; that's why they can both be lifelong pursuits.

Smile

For Betty...and all our precious female members....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUyGnmm4A1U
    nam

Thanks CaseyP, i use the term 'Chicks' but in a general way...for example, i might be speaking with my wife about someone on a tv show and i'll say something like, 'you know, that chick that used to be on NYPD Blue'. I'll call my wife chick....like, 'hey chick'...and she'll say, 'what boy' or something else. I do understand what you're saying though, one must smile when using some nicknames and that 'groups' can use them regarding themselves, but for some reason, others mustn't.

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyP View Post
    how do women anglers feel about the term "chicks"? rather like any other group of people who are occasionally referred to with nick-names: we can use it, but if you do, you better smile...

Blog Entries

but for some reason, others mustn't. --Montana Moose
    yeah, isn't that weird? it does rather stop traffic when i yell, "Old broad has a fish on!", and there are senior gentlemen of my acquaintance who refer to themselves and their buddies as "us old f^rts".

there is a huge sociological study here just waiting for some aspiring phd. linguistics candidate to tackle. is it the same in other languages and cultures?
    fly fishing and baseball share a totally deceptive simplicity; that's why they can both be lifelong pursuits.

Closed Thread