+ Reply to Thread

Thread: nerves!! (not ff)

Default nerves!! (not ff)

Well, its that time of year again. I work at a farm supply store and this time of year is our busiest. We've got 4 months to make our living for the rest of the year. Which means we can't take off from the first of March to the first of July. My job is answering the phone takeing fertilizer orders and scheduling the trucks for the farmers. All of which want their fields fertilized at the same time and can't understand why we can't do that with only 3 trucks. Well, this morning was the first taste of what is to come. I was here at 6 am and the phone just started ringing off the hook. I've only just now caught a break. man I need to go fishing.

a very nerve wracked,
    hNt
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

Now I'll try to finish this, phone rung in the middle of the post, sorry. I've got a loader man that knows everything. Must be nice, I don't know nothing. I've got a truck driver that bosses everyone around. Must be nice again, it's all I can do to boss everybody from here in the office, I'd never be able to from a truck. And I've got a brand new BIG boss man up front in the office. Nice kid, he's in his early 20's and don't understand anything about fertilizer except what he's learned in books. I like books, but the book world and the real world don't always agree. So anyway, I need to go fishing. Well there goes the phone again.

hNt

least that means I keep a job
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

Hungntrees just remember what the farmer does in the spring set up if he can make enough money to pay his bill in the fall.
    Ghost.
    PS Farmer they are the biggest gamblers in the world.

Yup, them and the ranchers, biggest gamblers ever! They buy high, sell low, that is what my father in law always said. Hang in there hungNtree, pun intended, some day we will retire!!!!!
    Wyo-Blizzard

I work for a large regional nursery. We supply variety store and home improvement store garden centers with plants. With the past few weekends' weather being far warmer then normal folks are wanting to work on thier yards and our business has increased 10 fold over those same few weeks. Not a bad thing but it amazes me how much people have forgotten about thier jobs since last year. Time to get busy people. Winter is over.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

Farmers and ranchers are both hard working commodities speculators with the government, the weather, the markets seemingly all working against them. When they have a bumper crop the bottom falls out of the market; when they can?t grown anything the market goes sky high; the courts won?t let them have the water they need because of some worthless minnow that lives in the stream.

God bless them, given half a chance they can produce enough food to feed us and the rest of the world.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

+ Reply to Thread