+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bitterroot Worm

Larry -

Thanks for the reference.

On feather-craft.com, the Daiichi 1770 is described as being identical to the 400T.

Good news for one of the posters here who was looking for a source of the 400T and probably won't be able to find one. For that same poster, take note that various sizes of chenile, all in a good variety of colors, also are available at feather-craft.com.

For those who haven't dealt with feather-craft, their customer service is at least very good, and for a couple of experiences I had with them, I'd call it outstanding.

John
    The fish are always right.

I got lucky a few days ago.

My local Sportsman's Warehouse is 'blowing out' quite a lot of their fly tying materials, including hooks.

I was able to buy four packs of Daichii 1770 for $1 each (all they had-I'm a hook junky, also bought a bunch of 3906Bs 50 packs for $1). I'm going to split these half for damsels and half for John's BW.

So, if you have one of these stores near you, you may want to check..seems they won't be carrying the 1770 any more.

Buddy

Default Another option ....

.... is the Daiichi 1870, which might prove a better hook for the B. W. since it is a 2X heavy hook. Should prove much stiffer than the 400T and solve the problem of landing fish, if the flexibility is the culprit, as suggested by Wes. Also, the 1870 might have enough heft to it that you wouldn't need to add weight for the shallower or slower water you fish.

Buddy -

Thanks for the heads up on the Sportsman's Warehouse pricing on the 1770. Wondering if that is a closeout price on the 1770 or just Sportsman's good deal ?? I was in the successor store, Warehouse Sports, in Missoula this morning ( which is where I ran across the 1870 ), but their prices were all full retail on the Daiichi hooks.

John
    The fish are always right.

oh no! wichita store is closed. there's no SW in KS. they've closed 23 stores.
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    I can't say about fly fishing but there's a lot of feed lots in Kansas.
    Wes' Pattern Book
    http://www.flypatternbook.net

Default btterrootworm with alpaca & seal.....mink & seal Tweeked Daiichi2200# 6 hooks

Bitterroot worm with spun alpaca#1..#2 is mink yarn both have claret seals fur heads
    bitterroot worm1 001.jpgbitterroot worm1 002.jpg
    Please, support Project Healing Waters....Thank You

Here's my attempt at this pattern.

I tied them in several colors. I think I'll catch a lot of fish on these!

Nice, easy tie.

Thanks John.

Buddy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Buddy,

Nice job!!! they look like they will catch fish, let us know the outcome.
    Popperfly>-<(((((*>
    Born to Fish...Forced to Work !

[QUOTE=JohnScott;353059]

QUOTE]

I was looking up another fly that was listed on a few peoples gotta have flies list and that fly reminds me of this thread which I was reading yesterday. It is call the Green Weenie and Red Hot.

http://fishingwithflies.com/Fred'sWeenies.html
    dB
    Sanitize your FF equipment and wash your boat, trailer, livewells & sumps. Wash your wading dog

+ Reply to Thread