+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Book for trout fishers

Default Free Book for trout fishers

The following message was posted under another topic. I think it needs your special interest and attention. Please be sure to order the book and start reading it by March 1 so we can start a chat on it. Looking forward to it.

"Nice thing about rain is you don't have to shovel it." C.R.Thorp

LadyFisher
    Administrator posted 10 January 2005 03:25 PM

We had a phone call from Dr. Bill Hanneman last night (of the Common Cents method) who made an offer some of you interested in fish vision may wish to take him up on. Send Dr. Bill an address label with YOUR mailing address and $2.00 to cover mailing and he will send you a copy of his book What Trout Actually See ($5.9. Send to:
    Dr. Bill Hanneman
    P.O. Box 1944
    Granbury, TX
    ------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

Now you know in this day and age your not going to find a better deal than this.

[This message has been edited by Chub1 (edited 14 January 2005).]

Just send the $2....and your filled out address label.

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

I am so there!

Rich

Im definnetly in cant turn down a great deal.

------------------
    "Quitcha B****IN' and lets goooo fishin'!"-COOL CHANGE, Capt. Joe Nash

I haven't read the book, but I have to admit that the title tends to turn me off a little. I don't mean to be ultra critical, but the title indicates that the author knows what a trout can actually see.

That, of course, in impossible. A scientist can speculate and theorize about what a fish can actually see, but only a trout can answer that question for sure.

By the way, LF, while you don't have to shovel rain, there are a lot of people who are having flooding problems in this country who are shoveling a lot of sand to fill bags to stop that rain from washing away their homes. Just thought I'd throw that in.

Color me negative today,

Emerger

Sorry Emerger, that comment is Chubs, not mine, however, I'm sorry for their problems as well.

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

Emerger,
    Glad to see you are still watchful and alert in your attempts to protect the innocent FAOL members from my dangerous ideas.

There is an old adage to the effect that one should not judge a book by its cover. You have further advanced this concept to the point you feel you can judge a book by its title. I believe that to be a bit presumptuous.

As the avid and experienced angler you appear to be, I assume you are familiar with the book by T. Rosenbauer, ?Reading Trout Streams? and his ?Rule of Six.? In his book, and many others, the use of the term ?what a fish sees? does not refer to the physiological properties of the creature, but rather to the quality and quantity of the light rays available for the fish to focus with it?s eyes.

It is generally accepted that these rays follow all the recognized laws of optics. Consequently, my title ?What a Trout Actually Sees? was chosen because this book refutes and corrects the erroneous ideas espoused and promoted by many previous authors who did not understand those laws.

Bill

P.S. Just wait until the next issue of RodMaker comes out. I explain how to quantitate and adjust feel. Tell your buddies to sharpen up their pens.

WOW, I sent Dr. Bill the $2 a week ago and I have already received the book. I am reading What Fish See at the same time and find the two aren't opposing or supporting opinions but looking at the same problem from different angles.
    I have found in my life that I love to think about fishing, you probably do as well. Reading something like this book, which is a short afternoon read for most, gives me the opportunity to spend more time thinking about fishing.

Judging by the number of people that have expressed an interest in the chatrooms and by emails we should be having a good number of folk in the chatroom discussion. It will be taking place end of April first of May so you still have lots of time. Get a copy of this book it's well worth it. (Oh by the way it has a centerfold too. wink,wink)

I would like to thank Dr. Bill Hanneman for the offer and the book.

"Nice thing about rain is you don't have to shovel it." C.R.Thorp

Is there still any books left??

I hope there are some books left I just posted my label and money. Thanks ahead of time Dr. Bill. John

------------------
    I wish you everlasting flies and tight lines.
    I wish you all everlasting flies and tight lines.

+ Reply to Thread