+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One more time.... whatcha been tying lately???

Default One more time.... whatcha been tying lately???

This was good last time thought maybe it would be fun again and since the snow is still out there and the water is still a bit hard to wet a line on figured I would entertain myself once again and hope to come up with some more ideas as to what to tie next.

All that being said I have been an absolute machine for the last few days tying cracklebacks and some caddis flies for a local shop (12 dozen in 2.5 days plus a few that I tied just to break the monotony). Also been playing with ice wing to make some awesome bait fish patterns.

Hope you like and attach some pics if you like I know I would.

Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice looking flies. Have you considered moving the eyes back a bit to give it a more realistic look? I seriously doubt that this would make any/much difference to the fish, but it since we tie flies half for us and half for the fish.....

Jim Smith

here are a few from this winter

dungeon

cone head muddler .
    if you check out Rainys web site you will see the flies that inspired these ties.
    Last edited by ben; 03-06-2010 at 08:06 PM.

Ben, I'm really diggin' those man they look great. Can you give us a pattern or at at least a name to google??

Jim, actualy that is the way that the fly is supposed to be tied, there is a tiny head of epoxy between the eyes. I have often wondered about that myslef and tried to tie the fly with the eyes further back and it didn't move the same nor did it look right at all so I went back to this way, thanks for the kind words though.

Steve

Normand Guest

woolys for a swap

I've been tying some of these:

Coachman Trude Wet Soft-hackle

Red @ss
    Doug... a.k.a. 55dougie

http://55onthefly.blogspot.com/

Lastly... the ones that the dog got a hold of and used as a chew toy.....

Inspiration for the mouse flies

A couple dozen boa yarn leeches, a few rolled wing wet flies, beadchain eyed bluegill bugs, and some Clouser minnow variations. Oh, and some big black bunny strip leech jigs! Almost time for walleyes!

Wink Look closely

where there is a slight indentation in the upper jaw. That is a red ribbed t.c.t.k. that I tied yesterday and fished today.

Have also tied and fished the Bitterroot Worm this past week.

Hoping to find some fish eating skwalas sometime in the next few weeks. Thinking this might do it.

John
    The fish are always right.

Just got back in the tying groove lately. Started big with some different zonker strip patterns:

Then moved on to some smaller stuff, some micro gurgle pops, some small beadchain/marabou clouser style panfish flies, some soft hackles and other go to patterns, and then a few things inspired by FAOL thrieads, Al's foam hopper and a version of the Bitteroot Worm:

And then last night I decided I wanted to make something really big so I made up a couple big epoxy head deceivers. These are 2/0, and seem to be a good size for the saltwater fish I chase in Florida in the summer. Next will probably be a smaller version for fishing freshwater around here once all this ice finally melts:

+ Reply to Thread