+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where's Joe ??

Maine, Now I've retired to North Carolina (just south of Fayetteville)

Default Where's Joe ??

I have been gone for some time. I was wondering if anyone has heard from Joe Valencic. I miss reading of his antics, and really miss his recipes. WHERE ARE YOU JOE ???

Saw Him In Janurary at His Club Show in Cleveland, and He said He was Planning to Head for The Michigan Fly Fishing Expo next weekend 13-14 March in Warren, Mi.
    Last I heard. I know His Buisness has had him busy.

Blog Entries

If he comes back, I'll even say that Spam is delicious.
    (Now he should KNOW that we miss him.)

Maine, Now I've retired to North Carolina (just south of Fayetteville)

Thanks y'all . Never met him (but would like to) just like his articles And yes I also like Spam lol lol

Hey there, my Fishy Friends! Thank you for your concern as to my well being. Sorry for my lengthy absence, but I have been just a little bit busy here on the home front, with a major renovation project brought on by boredom on my wife's part. I moved the half bath from the middle of the house, into the laundry room, completely reconfigured the laundry room, then converted the half bath into a WALK-IN PANTRY!!!! Yeah! Now Doughy Joey has a proper pantry for his baking and cooking habit, and all teh "stuff" I have accumulated over the past two years. In all it took 7 weeks of my time, with no outside help, so teh labor was 100% supplied by me. I saved about $4,000 by doing it myself.

I won't try to post the pictures here because of the large number of them and the required narrative, but you can find the whole project chronicled on the food forum where I sometimes hang out at netcookingtalk.com.

Let me know what you think.
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Quote Originally Posted by bdesavage View Post
    Saw Him In Janurary at His Club Show in Cleveland, and He said He was Planning to Head for The Michigan Fly Fishing Expo next weekend 13-14 March in Warren, Mi.
    Actually, I was invited to tie, but will not be at the MFFC show this weekend. Instead, I'm taking the class required to get my Concealed Carry permit, and going target shooting on Sunday before taking my shooting test next Wednesday. I don't plan to carry unless I'm fishing in remote areas (we now have coyotes here that have gotten very bold, and we also have a number of black bears that have moved in the region from Pennsylvania), but I'm getting the permit to show my support for the Second Amendment, and so I don't create any problems with the game warden by carrying concealed on stream. We are allowed to open carry in Ohio, but that is not practical or convenient in waders with a fly rod. I feel more comfortable in the woods with my .40 cal Glock 23. Sweeeeet gun. I also carry a Kel-Tec PF-9 in 9mm.

Enjoy the show and tell David & Denise at Prime Flies that I said hello (give Denise a hug from me).
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Joe,

Really glad to see a post from you and know all is well. You were missed here. I love the work you done to your home! Great job! I sure could use you and your talents here in my home in Tennessee! Let me know when you will be able to start. Need to move our laundry room and build a pantry in the kitchen and whatever else you see that needs changed! The weather here is starting to get nice for a change. Let me know when you can make the trip here to fish again. I sure would enjoy it.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Joe;
    If you take on Warrens project you know you have a place to stay. No charge, just cook!!

Let's see, I work for Warren, Cook for Jack. Something is wrong with this picture. How about Warren hires a contractor and we all just go fishing, get a meal at the local pub, and have drinks back at Jack's place? I like that plan more betterer.
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Joe,

Let's do it this way.....You pick whatever plan that gets you down here to go fishing and that's what we will do.....
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

+ Reply to Thread