+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Young flyfisher

Default Young flyfisher

I'm looking for fresh water equipment for my 10 year old grandson. I'd like to start him out this season. He needs it all.

Thanks Gene

jack Guest

hey, gene,
    what about some bass and bream poppers or clouser minnows to trade. i have plenty. send me a pm.

Quote Originally Posted by fishngene View Post
    I'm looking for fresh water equipment for my 10 year old grandson. I'd like to start him out this season. He needs it all.

Thanks Gene
    Hi Gene. We have a female member of the family who started gung ho with fresh water flyfishing and has now decided to abandon the sport. I have many items in which you may be interested starting with the standard in new condition beige flyfishing vest. It measures 15" across the shoulders, measured across the front of the vest at the shoulders. If this is a good size for your 10 yr. old, I can add gadgets, like the Ty-Rite Jr., a pin on retractor, nippers, small fly boxes, many, many unused Orvis fresh water flies, split shot in packages, sink putty, strike indicators, Sci Angler tapered leaders in unopened packages, size 4x, 5x and 6x, Sci Angler tippet spools, etc. Also have a used trout net which can be attached to the back of the vest. She kept all of this stuff in a Plano "side by side" (both sides open) suitcase type tackle box which she worked from at home and then took what she needed to the stream. That, too, would be available.

It might be a good idea to list what you'd be interested in and perhaps I can put together something for you.

I'm going to keep her flyrod, reel and flyline just in case she changes her mind down the road

Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    hey, gene,
    what about some bass and bream poppers or clouser minnows to trade. i have plenty. send me a pm.
    I don't have warmwater flies but I do have saltwater.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Hi Gene. We have a female member of the family who started gung ho with fresh water flyfishing and has now decided to abandon the sport. I have many items in which you may be interested starting with the standard in new condition beige flyfishing vest. It measures 15" across the shoulders, measured across the front of the vest at the shoulders. If this is a good size for your 10 yr. old, I can add gadgets, like the Ty-Rite Jr., a pin on retractor, nippers, small fly boxes, many, many unused Orvis fresh water flies, split shot in packages, sink putty, strike indicators, Sci Angler tapered leaders in unopened packages, size 4x, 5x and 6x, Sci Angler tippet spools, etc. Also have a used trout net which can be attached to the back of the vest. She kept all of this stuff in a Plano "side by side" (both sides open) suitcase type tackle box which she worked from at home and then took what she needed to the stream. That, too, would be available.

It might be a good idea to list what you'd be interested in and perhaps I can put together something for you.

I'm going to keep her flyrod, reel and flyline just in case she changes her mind down the road
    Ron, PM sent.

+ Reply to Thread