+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Little help?

Western Portal Sequoia National Forest & the G.T.W., Kern River, CA.

Default A Little help?

Need some fly and gear selection help for these monsters....Anybody?
    [url=http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/science/01/26/tiny.fish.ap/index.html:3c3d2]http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/science/01/26/tiny.fish.ap/index.html[/url:3c3d2]

[This message has been edited by Dave E (edited 26 January 2006).]

If those size #32's are too big, you'll just have to go into the hook manufactureing business !

I hooked one of those once, but it broke me off.

Blog Entries

I hope that this is the start of a new trend in catching the smallest fish. At last I too, can be a tournament fisherman.

Freshwater aquarium aficianados beg me to stock their tanks with my petite piscatine prisoners. How many of the rest of you have ever hooked and landed a fish too small to pull a fluffy, bouyant, size 12 dry fly under the water? I eagerly look forward to being proud of my catches. Catch and release? Catch and eat ain't much of an option. I hear that the Tn. Wildlife Resources Agency wants to hire me out to catch hatchlings to prove whether or not reproduction is ocurring in some streams... <sigh>
    Now y'all can see why I'm so exited with my 1 wt.
    WarrenP, are you SURE that you want to go fishing with me on the Caney?

I am willing to testify in front of Congress that those fish are the primary "instant energy" source for the highly elusive saltwater bluegill which is found ONLY in waters discovered by ME, right here in Ohio!!...for a nominal (ok, NOT so nominal!) fee, the fly pattern & where to use it will be shared.
    If you are fishing for these fish in saltwater bluegill infested water, I would recommend a 10 wt rod with MAXIMUM 8x tippet, as the SWBG MAY hit & they are extremely leader shy. I sincerely hope the facts I have just presented will assist in enhancing your future flyfishing endeavors!
    Mike

------------------
    This site's about sharing!
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Hey Castwell, not to be mean, but this is the 2000's get out of the 90's. Netscrape is now the equivalnt of spyware, Go Firefox.

Nick

+ Reply to Thread