+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The bench....my apology

Default The bench....my apology

I must admit I made a mistake in my knowledge and reactions toward "the bench".

The only knowledge I had of the bench was from a post that stated something about(And maybe I read it wrong) "I'm not putting a cheap bench in the yard"(or back yard).
    I only read posts and replies on this site. I don't read articles and I don't come in thru the home page. I only read and participate in the forums and I pick and choose which ones I read and reply to. I certainly don't read them all.

From that one post I surmised that it was going in someone's back yard. That kinda got under my skin a bit. I did not think that was right.

I have since been informed it was going in a public area. I will admit to not reading about the bench in any other area, because I knew I wasn't going to give to the fund. Sorry, but that is just me. I just don't give to things like this and don't get involved in such.

If I said anything or implied anything negative about it, I am very sorry.

I do however appreciate everyone's involvement with this and honoring someone worth honoring.

I hope this may clear up anyone else's misconception with this matter.

If this is appropriate, please leave it up. If not feel free to remove this post and accept my apology.
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

Blog Entries

Big Bad Wulff, thanks for this. For what its worth, you have regained my respect.

Just a little background on the bench's. The heartbroken members of FAOL started the bench thing as a tribute when our dear friend Al Campbell passed away. His bench sits beside a stream that Al loved. Jims bench as you say was well deserved and it too will sit beside a stream near a pool that He loved. They exist purely out of respect for two men who were in my opinion Giants in the sport of flyfishing. Both were teachers in every aspect of the sport, both had a huge passion to help others learn. Both were my very good friends.

It is on my Bucket list to visit both of our Benches, to sit there beside the streams they loved and remember the stature of the men they represent.

Roger
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Accepted!!! ANYONE can make a mistake, For someone to admit it is a sigh of a truely great person. BBW, you are a great person.
    Hope to get to see Both benches also, some day, maybe, The wife says she wants to, soo I stand a chance of completeing this quest!!
    Last edited by Byron Zuehlsdorff; 02-25-2010 at 03:59 PM.
    Wyo-Blizzard

TO tell you the truth until Gnu Bee stated it I didn't even know of the "other bench" 's existence.

Spring is getting closer. Maybe the "shack nasties" are starting to come to an end.

BBW, great post. We all say and do things from time-to-time that are uncharacteristic of our true selves.

I think there are a lot of us who really need to go catch some fish. I know I'm in that "club" for darn sure.

Jeff
    fishing bum in training
    My blog:
    http://www.kyflyfishguy.blogspot.com/

A lot of that going on ...............................from a lot of people.

BBW -

Always thought of you as a stand up guy. This is just one more piece of evidence.

John
    The fish are always right.

Here, here and ditto to all that's been said. I knew there must be something missing and now you've explained it well. Thanks for all you do.

Kelly.
    Tight Lines,

Kelly.

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home."

Roderick Haig-Brown, "Fisherman's Spring"

Gnu Bee did a very nice job of explaining the reason for the bench, thanks Gnu.

BBW The bench is going to be on "Private" property. The first thought was to install it at KeyStone Landing where JC and LadyFisher were married. KeyStone Landing is a canoe launch/takeout site and if anyone has ever witnessed the "Aluminum Hatch" on a hot summer weekend they would never place anything that valuable in harms's way. One of the sponsors here Gate's Lodge has agreed to let it be placed on the Au Sable River at the Lodge. Anyone that visits the fly shop, resturant or stays at the lodge will be able to view it.

Blog Entries

I'm so glad to hear that Jack, JC was not a huge fan of the aluminum hatch... Gates lodge on the other hand He loved.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

+ Reply to Thread