+ Reply to Thread

Thread: cliff outdoors

Default cliff outdoors

I had a problem with my fly box.Called their office explained the problem and was asked to send the box to them which I did . Received new box in less than a week . Great communication , rapid solution , class act ! Plus MADE in U.S.A. Hats off and a tip of the rod to them !! Keith

Great folks, right next door in Wyoming. Met them at the Eastern Idaho Fly Fishing Expo a few years back and immediately purchased one of their 'Day's Worth' boxes. A great box for whenever I'm bushwhacking and want to keep gear minimal. Magnetic on one side and customizable foam strips on the other. Love it.

Kelly.
    Tight Lines,

Kelly.

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home."

Roderick Haig-Brown, "Fisherman's Spring"

Last year I went minimalist more often than not and the "Days Worth" served me well. If I know the stream I'm fishing and what critters to expect I leave the Richardson in the truck, put the Days Worth and some tippet in my pocket and have at it.

Glad to hear their customer service is top notch as well.

Quote Originally Posted by wirebender View Post
    I had a problem with my fly box.Called their office explained the problem and was asked to send the box to them which I did . Received new box in less than a week . Great communication , rapid solution , class act ! Plus MADE in U.S.A. Hats off and a tip of the rod to them !! Keith
    HEY! Just WHO is this wirebender guy?...Oh yeah, he's one of my best friends & fishin' buddies. He just doesn't post enough!
    Good talking to you today, Keith. You convinced me to buy one of those boxes, maybe two.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

I met them here in the Chicago area at a Great Waters show a few years ago and ONLY because they were from Wyoming, I bought two of the "day's worth" boxes. Little did I know those boxes would be the ONLY fly boxes I carry to the stream with me.

Mark

Blog Entries

i've forgotten just what he calls it, but Cliff makes a wonderful "back porch" for your tying vise. it's a thin wood pallet with a white magnetic surface and a strip of fly-holding foam. there's a hackle/hook gauge as well. it mounts on the vise stem and keeps the hooks and finished flies out of the pile of schtuff that accumulates around any successful fly-tying operation. when tying on a dark-colored table, the white background is useful, too.
    fly fishing and baseball share a totally deceptive simplicity; that's why they can both be lifelong pursuits.

I love my "Day's Worth" box! It keeps my soft hackles in a nice, magnetized, jumbled-up mess (just fine by me!). And I keep a few small streamers and drys up on the strips.... Throw that in a pocket, lanyard around the neck, and that's all I use most evenings chasing bluegills.

I'm looking at buying a bigger box to hold my white bass and largemouth flies, and the Cliff boxes are what I'll be researching.

I have 2 Super Days Worth boxes, one for mayflies one for caddis, need to add one more for attractors/terrestrials; absolutely love them. Thinking about getting a Bugger Beast for some "meat" fishing this fall.

Regards,
    Scott

I bought the Bugger Barn, their largest box, a few weeks ago and like it a lot.
    It'll hold a ton of bass and pike flies including ones with mono weed-guards.
    I insert the guard into the slotted foam which not only holds the fly securely but at the same time keeps the mono in good alignment.
    nam

I've had the Bugger Barn for a couple years now. I love it.

+ Reply to Thread