+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Look....No Like

So why the NEED for change? I hate change for teh sake of chenge. I need to know WHY?
    "We do not inherit the earth; we borrow it from our children."

nighthawk Guest

Thumbs down ugh!

I am with Gemrod on this one! I cannot look at the messages without getting a splitting headache. I know how to adjust my monitor manually but will not do that just for one site. Please dump the white back ground. A darker backgound with whtie or brighter lettering gives just as good as contrast and will not cause the eye fatique and physical pain that this scheme does.

For Pete's sake what is up with the teeny weenie fonts on the reply to thread page? Combined with the blaringly bright backgroud this taxes my 20/15 Hazel peepers to the max and is a real issue for me at least. If I can't change the color scheme and the fonts that are smaller than the head on a size 26 BWO (yes I know how to zoom my monitor) then I too shall be gone from the site.

Why don't you guys run Beta or trial versions of these so you can get our opinions before making the changes?

I also don't like this much.

I'm all for it, though, if for some reason it's cheaper to run.

Ron tells us he is working on hte problems, though, and that's good enough for me.

Buddy
    Last edited by Buddy Sanders; 02-15-2010 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Ron explained....
    It Just Doesn't Matter....

Deleted...
    Last edited by Buddy Sanders; 02-15-2010 at 02:28 PM.

I agree. I also prefer the old format for the reasons already given. I liked the darker background & the larger fonts, Now i have to lean in on the screen to read it & the glaringly white background gives me a headache.

What happened? I work alot for a few day's and then when I get a chance to visit the board I'm lost! I though I was on the
    wrong site! I'm not sure I'm even posting this reply correctly. This site used to have a special look to it but now it just
    look's like all the other's. Some changes are just sad to see.

Wow!!! Too bad, so sad. Kinda like when Michael Jackson had his face changed. No one could figure out WHAT THE HECK WAS HE THINKING!!!
    Gary

Blog Entries

My goodness! You fellows are like a bunch of old ladies!
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGibson View Post
    My goodness! You fellows are like a bunch of old ladies!
    HAHA thats funny! I was thinking the same.

Yeah maybe so too. Nobody likes change.

Maybe a lot of work has gone into this, I don't know. It feels to me though like a windowless room with white ceramic tiles on the floor and walls, and a bare except for a stainless steel table in the center and a fluoro light above it. Might be fine for working on something, but no soul, no warmth.

I think to a few folk here they were expecting to come back to their old leather chair and lamp by the fireplace and a dog snoring on the rug. Bit of a change to get your head around.
    "We do not inherit the earth; we borrow it from our children."

+ Reply to Thread