+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is There Such A Thing?

Default Is There Such A Thing?

Last year, following the Idaho Fish-in, there were some pics posted and I think I remember seeing one of Lotech or someone taking a folding metal chair into the river to sit on. So, my question, is there anything currently manufactured for flyfishers or other anglers to sit or rest on while in the river? My recent surgeries have made it difficult to stand for any length of time, and it's difficult to fish the runs I like from sitting on the shore. Anything out there besides a fold-up metal chair? Or is the chair a good option for shallower water? Your responses could help this old invalid get back on the water a little more often than currently possible.

Thanks!

Kelly.
    Tight Lines,

Kelly.

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home."

Roderick Haig-Brown, "Fisherman's Spring"

Blog Entries

Among the hiking crowd, there is a cane / walking stick that that lets the handle pivot in such a way as to create a "seat" of sorts. More of a cross-piece to rest your tucas on more than anything else. I have been looking for one to kill two birds with one stone and use as a wading staff and prop.

In the mean time, I have a folding 3 legged stool I use in very shallow water or on the shore of the lake. In your situation, I would not hesitate to put a folding chair out there and park.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Quote Originally Posted by kglissmeyer View Post
    Last year, following the Idaho Fish-in, there were some pics posted and I think I remember seeing one of Lotech or someone taking a folding metal chair into the river to sit on. So, my question, is there anything currently manufactured for flyfishers or other anglers to sit or rest on while in the river? My recent surgeries have made it difficult to stand for any length of time, and it's difficult to fish the runs I like from sitting on the shore. Anything out there besides a fold-up metal chair? Or is the chair a good option for shallower water? Your responses could help this old invalid get back on the water a little more often than currently possible.

Thanks!

Kelly.
    Try whats usually referred to as a "bag chair". ( they fold/roll up and get stuffed into a bag. Dirt cheap and they are comfortable.
    http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...ry-strap/48870

Kelly, Didn't know you were letting the MD practice on you but take a look at this, a little more compact that the camp chair, and a little more expensive.

http://www.mysizeusa.com/sportseat.html
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

That's pretty kewl!! For a little more, you can get a special padded seat for it! I like that its got a handle too!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

nighthawk Guest

Here is the result of a Google search:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&r...ne+folding+sea

Hope that helps. I am going to chekc out Whistle Creek Canes and Walking Sticks myself.

Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

I was just thinking yesterday about the possibility of getting some type of folding chair for a couple of my fishing friends to use who are getting up there in years and aren't as mobile as they once were, that they could sit on when they put their waders on and take them off. I'd like to find something that's comfortable to sit on, but maybe not as big as those so-called "bag chairs."

One thing I would caution anyone that's thinking about the chairs already mentioned is that some of those small 3-legged ones can be very uncomfortable to sit on -- I have several of those that fold up into a bag that's just a few inches long, and although they're sturdy enough when opened, the seat is so small that you don't want to sit on it for more than a few seconds - if at all.

John

There are lots of options in the world of carp fishing. I don't know if this is exactly what you're looking for, but it might help:

http://www.bigcarptackle.com/store/home.php?cat=258

Bass_Bug Guest

Chair? Get a ladder like they do on Pyramid Lake, NV and sit up out of the water.
    http://web.mac.com/sierratrout/iWeb/...7A7355235.html

+ Reply to Thread