+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: FAOL ? What?s It Worth To You?

Thumbs up

Hmmm, ... well, I finally have a chance to catch up on the forum.

Short answer: 20-25$/year. That's the same as an annual subscription to a mag. I'm on a couple other forums which are double that, but they include coupons for equipment (camera stuff).

Long answer:
    As Betty said, ... it's priceless ... 1) Because of the quality of information and 2) the "community" aspect of the site.

On a "business plan" side of things, a nice round figure like 20-25 $/year would be quite acceptable and easy to manage (paypal, credit card etc). IMHO, just a look at the "Friends of FAOL" can give you an indication of the "readership" which is ready to pay for quality service.

My 2?
    Christopher Chin

Because of this site I have done a lot of things I never thought I would do. I have learned coountless dollars worth of information and met some really fine people here. Flybinder aka paul helped when my son had is surgery. This site is priceless and when I get the money (soon) I will become a friend of FAOL.

Default $$$

One Dollar every time I log on.

Dick

Thumbs up Worth??

Faol is worth way more than i could ever pay. And much less than the sum of it's parts.

It's Family!

In regards to paying for the site.
    from my experience.
    Saying and doing are two different things...........jus sayin.

......that said,
    FAOL is a valuable resource and all around friendly place to be.

I'm an infrequent poster, but regular reader of posts. I would be willing to pay an annual subscription fee to have access to the great information, good people and well-moderated site that is FAOL. I buy from sponsors first because that is the current model that supports keeping this site available to me. When sponsors leave, I don't follow them.......

I dont really think a price tag can be put on faol when concidering the site & everything about it... So much information on here & if ya caint find what your needin to know ya can just put a post & usually your question gits answered in a few minutes... Its not just the website but the people that are part of it... Its sorta like family, lotsa good folks willin to help folks out on here... Priceless...
    A.S.F 5th GP ...TO FIGHT SO OTHERS MAY REMAIN FREE...

Wink

When I first found this site years ago I was really taken by the amount of info, safety of using the site and the friendly family atmosphere here. Wasn't too long in becoming a member here for I felt that I belonged. Although I still work too much, therefore don't post or chat much, I visit whenever I turn on my computor so I can have a look at what's new. I have not met anyone personally from this site, but I have made connections with anglers from all over the world by reading and sometimes responding to their comments, articles, archives, etc. To me, this is truly a great information site like no other and one that has not only helped me improve personal skills, but connected me to others around the world who enjoy what I do.
    David Parker
    Guild Certified Professional Rod Builder

At first it was a learning site for me. To get better at...casting, tying, lying. Now that I am in a different place I am meeting new people both on the forums and in person. FAOL tends to pull you into it. I am always telling people about it. Always will be in the learning process and what better place than FAOL. Made the ID Fish-In last year. Will make the WA and ID Fish-Ins this year. Already have my license for WA but can't use it until April 1. Have invites to fish WA, any time I'm there, just PM. Things just seem to move along when you log on to FAOL. Everyone has been helpful which you can't always say about other sites. Looking forward to many more years of a great site. Thanks.

Jerry

+ Reply to Thread