+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: today at wally world

Blog Entries

Last night I went back, they are selling out of all things SA and stocking Courtland. I'm not sure how these compare as brand name is not a measure of quality, (time will tell)

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

Switched from Zap to Loctite a couple of years ago - first the squeeze bottle with the green sides and then the brush. Interestingly, my local drugstores (Walgreen's, CVS) stopped stocking the Loctite with the brush-on applicator. I went into a panic when I ran out and went looking for a bottle. I really liked it.

Both are now stocking Instant Krazy Glue with a brush. Dare I say it? I like it more than the Loctite. The base of the bottle is bigger as well giving it more stability.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven McGarthwaite View Post
    that they sell Super Glue Remover? I have seen it at the hardware store hanging on the wall next to the tube Super Glue.
    I'm not sure if you have tried the remover or not but I wouldn't recommend it. It basically softens the super glue to its original consistency but then is dry again almost instantly. To me it seemed to make an even bigger mess than I started with. You have to use a lot and fast if you want anything removed.
    Get Em!

Just checked Walmart.com for the fly boxes. I didn't come up with anything on them. They did have quite a few items I have never seen in a store though.

Quote Originally Posted by kenstah View Post
    me too~ (Californians like to soak bait )
    Some of the out-of-the-way California Wally-worlds stock fly fishing stuff. I've found it in Sonora and I believe Willows.

A couple weeks ago, I picked up a Scientific Anglers rod tube for $15. Holds a 9' 4pc rod plus room for the reel. I've picked up other fly stuff from that Wally-world in the past. Their fly fishing section is tiny but exists (or existed...not sure if they're clearing out last year's stuff to make way for this year's or just dumping the last of it).

+ Reply to Thread