+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taney area fish in thingy

Default Taney area fish in thingy

Ok so talked to Icemanxxxv late last week and we both decided that it had been too long since we had been able to wet a fly line and that neither of us had been on the board in a while so we decided we would fix both of those. We're looking to go to Taney the last weekend of Febuary, I have a really good friend that has decided he needs to go as well and I have one more to tell that we are going, he may go as well if he can get the time off. So that will put us at 3 going down right now. That will be great and all but the best tiem I ever had down there we had about 15-20 people fishing all over the river all night long and had a blast caught a bunch and even caught a couple big ones. So I reckon if you wanna go get a hold of one of us and we'll give you all the details as we work them out. Oh yeah looking to stay at a hotel but last time I did this we had 3 and split 35 bucks 3 ways so it worked out to cost us very little and we had a ball. Also if you want to go ad need any tying advice or maybe want a few flies just let me know and I'll take care of you I have TONS of flies all ready to go and can send you a few for patterns or whatever.

Steve

Come on guys.... nearly 80 views as of this post and nobody will bite???? We're not going to be tied down to Taney only, prolly go to Roaring for some C&R for BIG bows (caught an 6+lber there about 2 yrs ago and 4's are not uncommon). Have also talked about maybe try and find some smallies (I know a couple places with clear water and deep pools) may even hit a few other trout waters. Come on guys someone needs to tag along with us.

Steve

Catch and Release in the Missouri trout parks ends this weekend--last day is Feb. 8th. Keep that in mind if you are planning on stopping at Roaring River the last weekend in Feb. Of course if you just wait until Mar. 1 you can line up with the other 2400 souls.....

BW

ok well thanks for that I would have called the park before hand but I forgot that they close that down WAY early before the elbow fest begins. but that will still leave several others wide open to us, may even try and get after the ever elusive McCloud strain rainbow.

Steve

Keep me in the loop. Work has been hectic, and there has been generation 24/7. Any idea when you are looking at going?
    Arkansas State Coordinator for Reel Recovery
    Board Member of Fly Fishing Federation Southern Council

We are looking to leave and head down February 25th and stay the 26th and 27th then come home on the 28th. Baring any major precipitation they should be down to a pretty slim generation schedule. They did bleed beaver down and thus had to bleed Table Rock down but they're within a foot or two of the generation pool height so that should stop here in a few days and then just ride out till we start getting good spring rains. As far as hectic work, it sounds like you need to take a trip so I'll keep you informed and hope you can make it. Oh yeah did I mention we are planning on night fishing??? If you've never done it then believe me you should, it's well worth it.

Steve
    Last edited by SteveP; 02-05-2010 at 12:48 PM.

Thumbs up

I would if I could. I'll get there some time this year. I promised my wife when she gets done with chemo and radiation we'd go back down for a week. Good luck and catch some big ones!
    "They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore." - John Gierach

Dave you take care of that wife and my good vibes go her way. If all goes as planned we'll be posting pics as the days progress.

Steve

Thanks guys!
    "They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore." - John Gierach

1602 NE 180th Ter Smithville MO 64089-9120.

Default Body Count?

So who is going?

+ Reply to Thread