+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hook storage

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy Sanders View Post
    I have WAY too many hooks.

I'm afraid to count them all.

Buddy
    Spread the wealth!
    The sport is so royal that there is neither gentle nor villein, if it knew of it and loved it well, who would not be more honoured for that reason by all who understand it.

I like Tic-Tac containers and I also like tic-tacs, the new containers are not as fragile as the old ones and you can write the model # on the lids
    G

Normand, cool idea for dubbing. Haven't tried to drill holes in them, but might work. And the picture you posted is exactly the box I'm using. Just bought two today at Wally World for $6.59? each.

Blog Entries

I have the 21 compartment hook boxes you can get at a local fly shop or Cabelas.I also keep some hooks in a couple 12 compartment clear plastic fly boxes (like the dubbing assortment boxes but without holes) I got at my local fly shop. My local fly shop closed or I would have bought some more of those. Then, I found a nice 12 compartment bead box at a craft store for about 3 bucks, so I filled that up with hooks, too.

Check out your local crafts store for those compartment bead boxes.

I use the below boxes. I put all the hooks I use the most in the individual compartments and label them. The other hooks I keep in the space below the hooks. I find that the box is small enough to throw in a bag when i travel.

Smile

Thanks everyone. I stopped at wal-mart last night and bought the boxes Normand and ronhenry were talking about. Exactly what I was looking for.

I got a box of 24 for $6.95. I was able to get all my hooks into these. Even 3X long #8 streamer hooks. I also bought some magnet strips that had adhesive on one side and cut little strips to stick to the bottom of each container.

The containers, magnets, and labels all came to less than $12. The best part is they fit into my nut and bolt organizer shelf unit that I keep all of my hooks, beads, threads, etc in. Three conatiners in one drawer.

Terry, I think you'll love those boxes. I have three loaded up and just bought a fourth last night. Good luck!

I have a bunch of Gerber baby food containers. They are clear plastic and would work great for hooks and dubbing if anyone is interested.
    Thanks Old Man GO IRISH!

I recycled a lazy susan spice rack. It has 4 vertical rows of 4" clear glass jars stacked 4 high, and takes up very little space. 16 is about the right # for what I tie.

Quote Originally Posted by ronhenry123 View Post
    Normand, cool idea for dubbing. Haven't tried to drill holes in them, but might work. And the picture you posted is exactly the box I'm using. Just bought two today at Wally World for $6.59? each.
    I drill holes in plastic all the time. I use a Forstner bit and a drill press and go REAL slow on the feed...and it cuts a perfect round hole slick as a whistle.

+ Reply to Thread