+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is up with weather forecasters?

Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
    Oh no, The Marines are Navy.
    Ssssshhhhhhhhhhhh, don't tell the Marines that.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

I can't predict the weather but I appear to able to control it. I am known for my ability to change a slight chance of rain to a downpour. The farther I have traveled to fish the more likely this phenomenom is to occur. Any of you living in drought stricken areas can take up a collection to bring me for this whenever you like.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowchaser View Post
    I can't predict the weather but I appear to able to control it. I am known for my ability to change a slight chance of rain to a downpour. The farther I have traveled to fish the more likely this phenomenom is to occur. Any of you living in drought stricken areas can take up a collection to bring me for this whenever you like.
    I have the same ability with wind...

Smile

I think I discover the secret of the weather forecasters.

It was October and the Indians on a remote reservation asked their new Chief if the coming winter was going to be cold or mild. Since he was a Chief in a modern society he had never been taught the old secrets. When he looked at the sky he couldn't tell what the winter was going to be like.

Nevertheless, to be on the safe side he told his tribe that the winter was indeed going to be cold and that the members of the village should collect firewood to be prepared. But being a practical leader, after several days he got an idea. He went to the phone booth, called the National Weather Service and asked, "Is the coming winter going to be cold?"

"It looks like this winter is going to be quite cold," the meteorologist at the weather service responded.

So the Chief went back to his people and told them to collect even more firewood in order to be prepared. A week later he called the National Weather Service again. "Does it still look like it is going to be a very cold winter?"

"Yes," the man at National Weather Service again replied, "it's going to be a very cold winter."

The Chief again went back to his people and ordered them to collect every scrap of firewood they could find. Two weeks later the Chief called the National Weather Service again. "Are you absolutely sure that the winter is going to be very cold?"

"Absolutely," the man replied. "It's looking more and more like it is going to be one of the coldest winters ever."

"How can you be so sure?" the Chief asked.

The weatherman replied, "The Indians are collecting firewood like crazy."
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chewydog View Post
    I have the same ability with wind...
    I have that ability with a very specialized sort of wind, hot air...

Last night the weather channel had it's predictions on the TV screen. The predicted low was 15. They also had the current temp up, 14. Gotta love that. You know, they COULD at least program the computer that pops this stuff up on the screen with an idiot checker to drop the predicted high/low temp to be within bounds of the current temp. It wouldn't take all that many lines of code. But then, what would I do for fun?

Ed

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Osterby View Post

<quietly slipping a big bar of Octagon soap into a black, wool-bottomed boot sock>

j/k, Erik, j/k

Ed

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by EdD View Post
    <quietly slipping a big bar of Octagon soap into a black, wool-bottomed boot sock>

j/k, Erik, j/k

Ed
    Sorry. After spending 40 + years in Wisconsin, I think I've paid my dues.

Blog Entries

Erik, One of my best friends from childhood did two tours of duty in HI. After 7 years, he was going crazy to get out. He said that he couldn't take it anymore, just one perfect day after another. Oh well.
    I wish you well. If/when you start feeling the urge for sub-zero temps, I'll still wish you well. Just don't bring them around me.

Enjoy it all,
    Ed

+ Reply to Thread