+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fly Pattern Software

Cool Fly Pattern Software

I am looking for a software package to help me keep track of my fly patterns. I often get patterns from various sources like online, books, mags, etc as well as develop some of my own. Do any of you use such a tool to keep track of your patterns and if so, what is it and how do you like it?

I found software called Fly Assistant at www.sportsmansmanager.com. Anyone seen or used this package?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Bob

Blog Entries

I have the demo it and rather like it might buy it at some point. its only 20 or 24 but its not bad. I do think the fields for the pattern database could be better expanded as they do not allow for long text. also their are no fields for saltwater flies at all. the program is very well though out but could have some work done to make it more funcitional other than that i like the program alot. and would recamend it to anyone who could use it.

If you can't find what you are looking for I can program one for you. Just post exactly what you want it to do. It will give me something to do in class.

Quote Originally Posted by James-FS View Post
    If you can't find what you are looking for I can program one for you. Just post exactly what you want it to do. It will give me something to do in class.
    James-FS, show us what you got. I'm interested, but I'm not sure what I want without having a starting point. If you've got something in mind or have developed something already by all means share it and let us be your guide as to what we would like to see and what already works.

Kelly.
    Tight Lines,

Kelly.

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home."

Roderick Haig-Brown, "Fisherman's Spring"

I am looking for a database for a lot of different fly patterns. I also do a lot of entymology and would like to log the insects. I would like to be able to log my fishing trips and a database for my gear. Anyone know a website for this

You could also do this fairly easily with Microsoft Excel.

I use excel to keep track of things I put on Ebay. You can link entries in Excel to any file on you computer. So all you have to do is pull up the excel file and click on hotlinks.

You can also make up entries in Microsoft Word that can have detailed instructions as well as photos so all you have to do is hotlink one document in your Excel file.

It is really very simple. You could even have it all loaded onto one data stick and you could take it anywhere for reference...
    The sport is so royal that there is neither gentle nor villein, if it knew of it and loved it well, who would not be more honoured for that reason by all who understand it.

Blog Entries

http://www.softviewer.com/download_d...hp?softid=4515
    TreeDBNotes is what I use, and it is free.

Quote Originally Posted by kglissmeyer View Post
    James-FS, show us what you got. I'm interested, but I'm not sure what I want without having a starting point. If you've got something in mind or have developed something already by all means share it and let us be your guide as to what we would like to see and what already works.

Kelly.
    yes what Kelly said
    Remember we all live down stream

Wink

CD:

The web site for the Fly Assistant software is in my original post. It can do all the things you listed. Check it out. You can demo it for like 14 days.

James:

I am just looking for something to store patterns and directions for tying. Check out Fly Assistant under the Fly Pattern icon. I would like something like this, including a spot for a picture, but I don't need all the other stuff that comes with the software.

Dr Bob

I downloaded it and messed with it a little bit and like the fly pattern and the bug thing but would nt use the other things after looking at them

+ Reply to Thread