+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: World's best ice cream?

Default World's best ice cream?

IMHO it is Graeter's. We lived in Cincinnati in the '70s. I think they only sold it from 3-4 stores there then. But if you live where there is a store owned by Kroger (King Soopers here in CO), you may be able to find it there now.

Folks, this stuff is seriously wonderful. Especially the flavors that include their home made chocolate chunks. My favorite is chocolate mint on the bottom and chocolate mocha on the top.

I have no connection with this company other than as customer. I just devoured a bowl of the above mint/mocha mix and feel compelled to let you all in on this incredible opportunity to savor the world's best ice cream.

It is fattening. It probably is not good for your health. It is delicious! And who wants to die really old and skinny??

Red face

I second Greater's

With reservation for my 1st place pic and that would be our camps fresh made banana strawberry!
    Last edited by Steve Molcsan; 01-12-2010 at 05:40 PM.

I'm sure that is good ice cream.

The ice cream sold at the Pennsylvania State University Creamery is pretty good stuff too. There've been television programs showing how they make ice cream there, and they've trained people from all over the world how to make good ice cream.

I used to love their Rum Raisin, but I don't know if they still have it. The Peachy Paterno flavor is also popular, expecially during football season when the team is winning!

John

Thumbs up

the best of course is that which we make while camping

Last edited by dudley; 01-11-2010 at 11:50 AM.
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

Blog Entries

I am partial to Tillamook strawberry. But I will force myself to eat much inferior ice cream.

Dudley is obviously an expert, that's a White Mountain hand crank ice cream freezer, I have one hanging in my basement too long unused. My wife has a recipe for vanilla that has a quart of XX cream in a gallon of ice cream (low carb high fat formula).

Koops in the Milwaukee area really makes a great ice cream. They call it frozen custard but whatever it is it's great. Breyer's at the grocery is pretty good too.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Yes it is a White Mountain !
    The best out of 4 that we use
    The last few years we've been slacking and only been freezing one flavor per night. Other years it's been a regular ice cream bar
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

My belly is proof I am also something of an ice cream connoisseur!

Some ice-cream specialty shops are pretty good, and they are almost ALL much better than what is available in our local grocery stores.

For me...you just can NOT beat the home-made vanilla ice cream!
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

Thumbs up Huckleberry at .....

.... Reed's Dairy in Idaho Falls, Idaho. Their huckleberry ice cream will stop anyone cold !!

If you get to Idaho Falls, do yourself a favor. About three miles west of town right on U.S. 20.

John
    The fish are always right.

The kind that I can EAT!!!!!
    Wyo-Blizzard

+ Reply to Thread