+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: football and flytying

Default football and flytying

Something strange has happened. Before Christmas I was a huge football fan. I didn't just watch games, I actively helped my chosen team win. My wife and kids would listen patiently as I called out plays or shouted screen. I've even tried to recover the occasional fumble much to my kids delight and my wifes amazement.

Yesterday was the beginning of the NFL playoffs. I found as usual I could hardly wait for the games. But this time as I tuned in the game, I also clamped a hook into the jaws of my vise. Instead of chips and dip, I had chenille and hackle. At halftime my wife asked "hows the game"; I wasn't even sure who was winning. What I did know, was I had enjoyed every minute of it. I did fumble the occasional tungsten bead, I had one clipping penalty and I had a few injury timeouts (those hooks are sharp), but I tied through the pain and at the end of the game I realized that I had definetly been the winner.

Default The Sickness

You've got it!

Sounds like a great plan to me. The reason being that as much of a football fan I am, with all this cold and snowy weather here in the Midwest the shaknasties have taken over.

God I need to go fishing.
    Remember we all live down stream

You need to pack your tying stuff and ship it to me. Thats the only way to get rid of this habit. Quit cold turkey. Do it now.

TB

And a bad habit it is LOL I know cause I just came back form BPS with a bag of materials that now I need to convince my wife I just had to have.
    Remember we all live down stream

Blog Entries

Don't fight the insanity, enjoy it.

Ed

Bedlam, don't fight against your other half. Join the Super Bowl Swap. One spot left. You even get bonus points for tying through the game. Tying during commercials, however, result in penalties. At least for the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by Bedlam View Post
    Something strange has happened. Before Christmas I was a huge football fan. I didn't just watch games, I actively helped my chosen team win. My wife and kids would listen patiently as I called out plays or shouted screen. I've even tried to recover the occasional fumble much to my kids delight and my wifes amazement.

Yesterday was the beginning of the NFL playoffs. I found as usual I could hardly wait for the games. But this time as I tuned in the game, I also clamped a hook into the jaws of my vise. Instead of chips and dip, I had chenille and hackle. At halftime my wife asked "hows the game"; I wasn't even sure who was winning. What I did know, was I had enjoyed every minute of it. I did fumble the occasional tungsten bead, I had one clipping penalty and I had a few injury timeouts (those hooks are sharp), but I tied through the pain and at the end of the game I realized that I had definetly been the winner.
    Er, could this be cuz the games on Saturday sucked?

More importantly, what happened when the Pack started getting back in it?

Football season ended for me when the Pats lost. And by "lost" I mean got handed their genitals.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Clough View Post
    Football season ended for me when the Pats lost. And by "lost" I mean got handed their genitals.
    Jeff, let me make you feel better...
    Go Vandy!
    Now THAT'S what masochism is all about...

Ed

+ Reply to Thread