+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever have a fish jump in the boat?

Blog Entries

Default Ever have a fish jump in the boat?

Check out this video , It is in spanish so I have no idea what type of fish or what the heck makes them jump into the boat .

If any of you spanish folks know what the guy is saying please let me know . also what type of fish are they ?
    [url=http://media.ebaumsworld.com/wmv/flyingfish.wmv:0db32]http://media.ebaumsworld.com/wmv/flyingfish.wmv[/url:0db32]
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Loved that video - I have seen it before but it still makes me laugh so hard I almost come to tears. I wish fishing was actually that easy out on the Bow River some days!

Oh, and I have seen hooked fish jump right into the boat more than once, but never a fish that was not hooked.

Brian

------------------
    [url=http://bowcrow.tripod.com:f10be]Bowcrow Fishing Adventures[/url:f10be]

Blog Entries

I had a penask lake 10 inch rainbow jump into my boat once . No one would believe me .
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

The oriental grass carp are notorious and dangerous for the habit of jumping into boats. Down here in the Mississippi and Big Muddy rivers. A friend of mine was almost knocked out by one. Kahuna [url=http://www.invadingspecies.com/Invaders.cfm?A=Page&PID=20:a5aa0]http://www.invadingspecies.com/Invaders.cfm?A=Page&PID=20[/url:a5aa0]

[This message has been edited by Kahuna (edited 15 January 2006).]

On my first ever (and thus far only) attempt at FF'n for Tarpon my then 13 yr old son, using the guides baited spinning rod, hooked a small (12-15 lb) Tarpon that immediatly took to the air and on the third jump landed squarely in the boat. It made for an awfully short fight, but at least he got one, I wore the skunk hat home!

Had a bass jump into the boat many, many years ago when I was a lad of about twelve. Lake fishing for perch when five or six fish all came out of the water at once and one of them landed in the boat. Asked what could have made that happen and was told that they were probably trying to get away from a big pike or pickeral. Wasn't near as exciting as the time when a small water snake swam up the side of the boat, slithered across, and out the other side.

I sent the video to my cousin who speaks Spanish. He tells me that the fellow says they chummed the lake with Mexican jumping beans. Somehow I don't believe him.

Tim Anderson

Happens every year up at Tunkwa/Leighton. Usually a fish or two in the air up there at any given time.

Jon

One time I was out bass fishing with my buddy.. and it was a slow day both of us just fishing all silence except for the soft rain and then all of a sudden we hear a loud thud and both look to the center of the boat and see a 9 inch trout laying lifeless, like it fell from heaven and we both looked up to see an eagle being attacked by an osprey.. that was a neat experience.

------------------
    Blaino
    Arcata/Redding CA

The only time I experienced airborne fish was years ago while bass fishing at night. To wrap it up, I had to pass a very shallow cove where good sized bass would feed. Upon my passing, they would get out of there as fast as they could go and would frequently jump when passing my boots. Once, one got me just below the belt. Son of a gun just didn't know the rules!

Ol' Bill

+ Reply to Thread