+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Foam sheets

Default More Aged_Sage poppers

Frank,
    You are getting behind on your photo posting here and elsewhere....I'm waiting to see those furling pictures...

I'm not having trouble with photobucket but if you are I would uninstall it and do a fresh download and start over.

Actually if John doesn't solve your problem PM me and we can go through it over the phone.

Greybeard....if you do it the way you say does that allow folks to access your folder[s]....through "properties"?
    Last edited by ducksterman; 01-07-2010 at 12:47 AM.

Katy, Texas (Houston is our biggest suburb!)
    Blog Entries

ducksterman:

Just like an old cow's tail, I have always been behind. I WILL get them posted.

Now, let me extend my profound thanks to greybeard for posting these for me.

The first two are of a striped bug to show both the cupped face and the quilting pin eyes I often use. The bass seem to really like the vertically striped body.
    The third one is a horizontally bi-colored bug with doll eyes. Note that the yellow part consists of two sheets of foam. These bugs were shaped with a Dremel tool and sanding drums.
    Pictures 4 & 5 are of a simple bug made from 6mm thick foam. This one was given to me. I have another made the same way, but with the body more akin to a grasshopper.

Photo 6 is of a balsa bodied bug that has been epoxy coated to enhance durability.

Photos 7 & 8 are of one of my balsa bugs that has an attitude. This bug has a flat face and has also been "epoxied".
    Last edited by aged_sage; 01-07-2010 at 09:51 PM.

Gurglers!!! Will catch almost everything (other than trout)

Blog Entries

The first photo is a sampler of my deer hair bugs. The second photo is a combined "sampler" of my balsa bugs, some of which date back to the late '60's, and my balsa box. Photo three is a sampler of my foam bugs. Photo 5 is of foam, balsa, and deer hair bugs that I have made. The silver minnows in the upper right-hand corner are balsa bodied. The steeply angled "forehead" makes them great divers. The two foam frog patterns in the upper left corner are fantastic if you want to "walk the dog". They make a heck-uva- commotion. I do get whimsical with them on occasion, as noted in the eyes on the deer hair bug, right side, mid way up. The little white foam minnow just above the little frog on the lower left corner, is a great wobbler-diver. Photo 7 is just another view of the foam sampler and my foam box. The final photo, number 8, is of the Dremel tool that I have used for over thirty years to cup the faces of balsa, cork, and foam bugs.

Drop me a line if you have any questions about any of these.

Frank
    Last edited by aged_sage; 01-07-2010 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ducksterman View Post
    Greybeard....if you do it the way you say does that allow folks to access your folder[s]....through "properties"?
    I think so but I'm still figuring things out here. Posting the pictures was more of a challenge than I thought it would be...but not impossible or hard, just head scratching. If you can't access them, PM me and I'll see if I can change the settings. FWIW, all the pictures in the folder are posted here, so you're not missing a thing.

Frank, Not a problem - poppers are an area of tying I've never done and I want to learn...well I started trying some last spring and didn't like the results. I plan to figure it out though...if nothing else, I'm persistent.

Greybeard

Blog Entries

Greybeard:

My German ancestry won't let something like this defeat me. I just need to devote the time to figure it out. It's not that I am persistent; I just don't have sense enough to know when to quit!

I sincerely appreciate the advice and the offers to help from all.

Frank

Blog Entries

Greybeard those are great looking flies...two thumbs up!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by golfinjoe24 View Post
    Gurglers!!! Will catch almost everything (other than trout)
    Have them in my box too.

+ Reply to Thread