+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how much should I pay

Default how much should I pay

My brother has a 5'3'' fenwick glass rod for a five line. We have agreed that I will buy it from him when I get back to work. We have no idea what it is worth. He bought it new in the early seventies and fished it a lot. It still has the original triangular case and the sock which is torn out on the bottom. The rod itself is in fair condition for it's age with no visible damage. I fear that it may have more collector value than it is worth to me as a fishing rod. Do any of you glass rod people have an idea what this rod is worth?
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

post your question here:http://fiberglassflyrodders.yuku.com/. These guys eat, drink and sleep glass fly rods.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

Default rod value

RBC, I've used glass rods a fair bit in the past. I know when I was looking for a small stream rod (about 6 or 7 years ago) and found the Fenglas rods (both the seventies and newer) were all gong for around 100.00 each. This is for rods in good condition. I suspect they still go for around the same amount unless fenwick doesn't make them anymore, in which case they may be harder to obtain and demand a little more.

Having said that a rod that short isn't for everyone and there are a lot of decent rods on the market (graphite) for around the same price right now and in just abound any lenght you wish.

Tight lines_________Grant
    A warm summers rain falls down on a quiet fishing stream
    Lined with cabins, smoke straight to the sky
    Two ol fishin buddies with never a care
    Teasing a trout with a fly.
    (Simani, "This Isle of Mine")

Thanks guys. I have posted the question with a couple of pictures on the fiberglass flyrodders board also.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

+ Reply to Thread