+ Reply to Thread

Thread: tech question? not ff

Default tech question? not ff

I didn't want to hi-jack the favorite pic of '09 thread so I'll ask this here. How do you get your pics to post full size? All I know how to do is post the thumbnails.

thanks in advance,

hNt
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

Blog Entries

If you are using PhotoBucket, from the pile of URLs available for each picture, choose the "Direct Link" URL. Copy that. Come back here and click on teh picture icon and paste the link you copied into the box that comes up. Click OK and It will come up with "IMG" tags in your message. If you go advanced so you can see a preview, the picture should show up full sized in the preview for you.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Blog Entries

I think it is better to use the thumbnail pics that can be clicked on rather than full size photos. Full size photos make it take longer to download the thread, and scroll off the right side of the screen when they are wider than the panel resolution on the screen, which is less than the screen resolution (and not everyone has their screens at the same resolution). We had some issues here in the past with people posting threads of fly recipes with numerous large photos in the postings.

In other words, consider the viewer of your photos!

Photobucket has a thumbnail option, but I do not think it is one of the standard 4 links on each pic, I think you have to add it. But once you do, it is there.

I'd also like to see folks either using the thumbnails or sizing their posted pictures so that they fit the standard post width.

Seems more considerate.

Buddy
    It Just Doesn't Matter....

Definitely don't go full size...for the reasons mentioned.

Photobucket allows you to down size the pictures ...by default whenever you post...you just have to tell it what size to do routinely.

Bass_Bug Guest

I use Photobucket and always use thumbnails for consideration of others. I realize not eveyrone wants to see my pics, if they do they can click on the thumbnail. I also re-size all my photos dwon to 800x600 max, but usually 640x480 before uploading to Photbucket.

Normand Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hungNtree View Post
    How do you get your pics to post full size? All I know how to do is post the thumbnails.

thanks in advance,

hNt
    i too would hope you dont post a foto full size, straight out of the camera.

if you use photobucket, click on the edit functuon and resize your foto to 600 pixels wide and everybody will be happy when viewing your foto

Thumbs up Photobucket

I much prefer to have a full sized photo rather than the thumbnails or a link to a photo or series of photos, as long as the full size pic fits fully on the screen. Having to click on a thumbnail or link distracts me from the flow of the thread, and is sometimes downright annoying, especially when there are numerous links to individual pics. The pics that are not downsized and don't fit within the screen are also annoying.

Having said that, I really appreciate those who make the effort to include pics in their posts, whatever method is used.

John

P.S. Photobucket takes a little more work to make it work, but I do think it lends itself to a better use of pics, including slideshows. Also, when using photobucket, it is not necessary to "go advanced" to see what your pic will look like, as suggested above. Just use the "preview post" feature to make sure you have the right photo in the right place, and that it fits the screen.
    The fish are always right.

Using your IMG code to post a full size pic .....

Also, when you use this approach, I don't believe others can access your account to lift your pictures as I did on this one ??

John
    The fish are always right.

I'm with John, I like to see the photos in the post rather than have to click on them. I realized early in my 'Dad and the Kid' fishing report thread that I had posted the pics too large, so I went back and resized everything to 640x480 or smaller where possible so that all could view them. It took some work, but I think it was worth the effort.
    On the downside, if you remove the photos from Photobucket, they will also be lost in your posting.
    I guess to each their own, but the Photobucket method has worked well for me, as well as editing the photos on my computer prior to downloading them to Photobucket - this includes resizing.

Kelly.
    Tight Lines,

Kelly.

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home."

Roderick Haig-Brown, "Fisherman's Spring"

+ Reply to Thread