+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Supporting the troops

nighthawk Guest

Default Supporting the troops

Operation 4T (For the Troops) sent a lot of these and other albums bought by the fans of the Trans-Siberian Orchestra to troops around the world.

The fans at the TSO website raised over $600 dollars in the effort. I started with a simple question about getting their Cd's to the troops ans the next thing I know I was organizing a drive, shipping out the Cd's and yada.....
    Last edited by nighthawk; 12-21-2009 at 08:15 AM.

Blog Entries

thank you so much i know how much this is going to mean to soldiers. still serving over in combat zones. it will bring them slightly closer to home. thank you again

nighthawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CharlaineC View Post
    thank you so much i know how much this is going to mean to soldiers. still serving over in combat zones. it will bring them slightly closer to home. thank you again
    Thanks sweet lady. To be honest I will never do anything on that scale again. I took a beating over it. If not for a few wonderful people and the Trans-Siberian Orchestra themselves it would not have happened. Even put a post on this board hoping to get a bit of a boost for the operation. Well, I know for sure that lots of folks just cannot afford to give but I also know folks who give regardless. Folks like me. Seems a lot of folks from all over the place talk a big talk but do not walk a big walk.

Speaking for myself I will never and have never, ever used hard times or any other excuse to keep me from sharing a bit of what I have with others. Even if it is something other than money that I can donate I am still making a difference for others. I was taken aback at what had to happen just to get people to buy a ten dollar ticket to a fund raiser for the man who gave so much of his own to make this site possible. my hat is off to all who run these types of things to help others.

O.K. done with my rant.

Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

+ Reply to Thread