+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Let's say thanks non FF but worth it

Default Let's say thanks non FF but worth it

I usually don't forward stuff but this was sent to me by a veteran and I think it's a great idea. If the moderators don't like it then pull the post.
    Xerox is helping to send thank you cards to those serving overseas. Click the link and follow the instructions. it takes about 1 min. but in my book is worth every second.

http://www.letssaythanks.com/
    The only things we permanently keep, are those we give away-Waite Philips

Blog Entries

Great idea i love it

mines done hehehehe did a few

Default Me too

Easy to do and "Priceless". Just do it.

nighthawk Guest

I sent one too.

Arrow

Sent one from Luray...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Blog Entries

Thumbs up I sent one!

This is a wonderful program and costs you nothing to participate.....

However I must pass this on about an internet scam that really burns my chops. It made it way on to several websites that I frequent and usually took a couple of days till it was de-bunked.

A RECOVERING AMERICAN SOLDIER. ??? SCAM..

NOTE: DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM . THE EMAIL STARTS OFF BY SAYING THAT YOU CAN SEND A CHRISTMAS CARD TO A RECOVERING AMERICAN SOLDIER
    This message advises recipients that they can send Christmas cards addressed to "A Recovering American soldier" care of the Walter Reed Army Medical Center. While this might seem like a good way to show support for wounded soldiers, the information in the message is incorrect. Cards sent to "A Recovering American soldier" or similar will not be accepted by Walter Reed Army Medical Center. However, cards can be sent to servicemembers via the "Holiday Mail for Heroes" campaign operated by the American Red Cross. An announcement on the Walter Reed Army Medical Center explains:
    The American Red Cross is sponsoring a national "Holiday Mail for Heroes" campaign to receive and distribute holiday cards to servicemembers and veterans both in the United States and abroad.
    Holiday Mail for Heroes, which began Tuesday, Veterans Day, is a follow-up to the 2007 effort that resulted in the collection and distribution of more than 600,000 cards to hospitalized servicemembers. This year's program will expand its reach to not only wounded servicemembers but also veterans and their families. The goal is to collect and distribute 1 million pieces of holiday mail.
    "As we enter this holiday season-a time to celebrate with family and friends-it's important to remember the thousands of men and women who serve our nation in harm's way and those who are recovering in military and veterans hospitals," said Army Col. Norvell V. Coots, commander, Walter Reed Health Care System. "The Holiday Mail for Heroes program is a wonderful outreach effort and a great way to acknowledge the sacrifices of our men and women in uniform."
    Holiday cards should be mailed to:
    Holiday Mail for Heroes
    P.O. Box 5456
    Capitol Heights, MD. 20791-5456
    All cards must be postmarked no later than Dec. 10. Cards should not be mailed or delivered to Walter Reed Army Medical Center.
    Further details about the campaign are available on the American Red Cross website.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Hey Cheffy, thanks for sending the link along, I remember doing it last year but that was a whole year ago.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

+ Reply to Thread