+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coyote survives 75mph hit

Default Coyote survives 75mph hit

While driving 75mph,the 2 struck a coyote and assumed it was dead and moved on. 600 miles later, they discover the coyote was alive in the radiator.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...-SURVIVED.html

Default No way

This is, excuse me, bull sh**!

I don't believe this for one moment.

Bob
    When you can arrange your affairs to go fishing, forget all the signs, homilies, advice and folklore. JUST GO.

Blog Entries

I believe everything I see on the internet, don't you?

True or not, it's conceivable--Snopes.com says it's a true story. Many animals can survive severe injuries, at least for a while--think of badly shot game animals that get up and run away. Their spleens store a large quantity of blood that is available immediately to replace hemorrhaged fluids and fluids displaced by hydrostatic shock. This coyote may have survived and died later from internal injuries after escaping. I could see where it could have been hit in just the right way that the flexible plastic bumper cover would cushion the impact as it went between the cooling vents and into the front of the vehicle--lucky, yes, but conceivable. Humans are, by comparison to most animals, pretty flimsy creatures, yet we dream up ever faster and more dangerous ways to convey ourselves through space and time.
    -CC

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyg View Post
    This is, excuse me, bull sh**!

I don't believe this for one moment.

Bob
    Bobbyg,

You aren't thinking, we have all seen coyotes survive far worse than that. Remember? That's when the road runner goes "beep beep"

hNt
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

Quote Originally Posted by hungNtree View Post
    Bobbyg,

You aren't thinking, we have all seen coyotes survive far worse than that. Remember? That's when the road runner goes "beep beep"

hNt
    Good one hNt!!

Ok....sure, I believe a car going 75mph and hitting a 65 lb. coyote and the coyote just curls up sweet as can be in the radiator. Why wouldn't I believe that?? I mean I really do, not a problem! Geez...
    When you can arrange your affairs to go fishing, forget all the signs, homilies, advice and folklore. JUST GO.

I agree with you Bobby. Who hits an animal that big and doesn't stop to check for damage to the car at least? According to the report they stopped twice for fuel? And didnt' look? Who they think their fooling?
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

Quote Originally Posted by hungNtree View Post
    Bobbyg,

hNt
    After all, any animal that can survive repeated drops from a tall cliff while holding on to an anvil (from Acme) has to be pretty tough.
    Bob

no way... how do you fuel up at least twice an a long trip and not look at your car for damage after something like that?... i know when we fuel up some one always goes to the rest room, it never fails... and then didnt have a look see.... please.

+ Reply to Thread