+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glow in the dark flies

Default Glow in the dark flies

The glow in the dark foam i ordered came in the mail today & just HAD to try it out... So......................................... I tied some elk hair cadis & some hoppagresses with some of it... Turned out ok i guess... Now fer the question... Where can ya buy glow in the dark round leggs or rubber legg material for fly tying ?
    Last edited by bugman; 12-06-2009 at 01:05 AM.
    A.S.F 5th GP ...TO FIGHT SO OTHERS MAY REMAIN FREE...

I've been thinking this stuff:

http://www.jsflyfishing.com/cgi-bin/...ow-Tinsel.html

And this stuff is good for legs...rubbery. And there is Glo in the Dark in it

http://www.jsflyfishing.com/cgi-bin/...UNI-Flexx.html

Blog Entries

Please check your own state's fishing regs before using glo in the dark flies. I am not sure they are legal in all states.

If it is that dark, I should be taking a nap!

Quote Originally Posted by DG View Post
    Please check your own state's fishing regs before using glo in the dark flies. I am not sure they are legal in all states.

If it is that dark, I should be taking a nap!

Really, I have never heard or even thought about that. Any example as to states.
    We have Walleye, that Glow in the Dark anything is a must, nothing like the Great Lakes though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bugman View Post
    The glow in the dark foam i ordered came in the mail today & just HAD to try it out... So......................................... I tied some elk hair cadis & some hoppagresses with some of it... Turned out ok i guess... Now fer the question... Where can ya buy glow in the dark round leggs or rubber legg material for fly tying ?
    Can't you buy some glow in the dark stuff and dip the leg tips in it?

the bass pro sells a glow in the dark paint but will come off of rubber legs... its ok for plastic bass lures or popper bodies but not good fer legs... i have some glow in the dark threads and tensil but aint got no uniflex thats glow in the dark... fixina order a couple of spools though...
    Last edited by bugman; 12-06-2009 at 03:10 AM.
    A.S.F 5th GP ...TO FIGHT SO OTHERS MAY REMAIN FREE...

Blog Entries

Not sure, I seem to recall reading it in regulations booklets somewhere in my travels, however. Better to check than not, tho, wouldn't you think?

BTW, a lot of those luminescent products don't work so well in cold water. The glow fades much faster than at room temp. I have used the glow Palsa strike indicators, and they pretty much don't work at all at 0 dark 30 in the morning on the Juan in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by DG View Post
    Not sure, I seem to recall reading it in regulations booklets somewhere in my travels, however. Better to check than not, tho, wouldn't you think?

BTW, a lot of those luminescent products don't work so well in cold water. The glow fades much faster than at room temp. I have used the glow Palsa strike indicators, and they pretty much don't work at all at 0 dark 30 in the morning on the Juan in the winter.

Interesting...I wonder why?

I tried to make a firefly fly once, perhaps you should try it, but replace the yellow foam with the glow foam? The legs on them don't glow so don't worry about that.
    http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...a/firefly2.jpg

+ Reply to Thread