+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Cost of Fishing License in Colorado!!

913 Jackson Lake Rd, Chatsworth, Ga. 30705 (423) 438-1060

Here in Ga., it's $60.00 for a Sportsman License, which covers everything except Duck Stamps. Also, around here, you need to purchase a National Forest Permit for $33.00. Other-wise, you'll have to pay a $5.00 parking fee everytime you park, even to hike (I do not agree with this fee at all), use a boat ramp or the shooting range.

Non-resident License is only $24.00 a year, or $7.00 for a week. A daily License is $3.50. A Non-Resident trout stamp is $13.00.

I don't agree with the Forest Fee because, while it's not much trouble for me to pay it, others who are less fortunate should be able to use the National Forest for hiking, picnicing,or other non-licensed activities. It's not right to restrict the use of Public Land only to people who can pay for it.

Semper Fi!

While we're on the subject, I'd like to elaborate on my objection to some of the fees that we all have to pay to hunt and fish. Maybe this should be in the Gripes section, but it seems appropriate here.

In addition to disenfranchising finacially disadvantaged people, these fees upset me in another way. All told, I spend several hundred dolars every year in taxes, fees, licenses, permits and such. Yet, a person can graze his cattle on the same land I pay this money to use, a farmer, or rancher can graze his animals on for a year for as little as $1.31 per animal. This money does not go to the upkeep of the forests, but to the Agricultural Buracracy. In addition, a logger can go in and clear cut whole sections of forest from the same places I fish at for far less than what I pay to use it, and none of his money will go towards the upkeep of this forest. I believe this money is used by the Forestry Dept. to purchase signs that say "U.S. FEE AREA", and those ugly, irritating drop boxes, to put my money in when I park somewhere out in the Wilderness! This isn't fair, ethical or Constitutionally supported.

Now that I got that off my chest....gonna go slap the water for some stripers at the spillway (tail-races) tomorrow. Report will follow.

Semper Fi!

Not to be insulting, but complaining about a $10 increase PER YEAR to pursue your hobby (if you are like me, passion) is ridiculous. How much do you spend on gear (flies, leaders, etc.), or even coffee, smokes, and beer that you don't even think about?

If an extra $10 per year will aid in the state of CO to better maintain that which we covet so much, where do I write my check?

Mike

Gigmaster, don't know you age but if your 62 or older you can get a Golden Age Passport. It cost $10 for a lifetime. With it you don't have to pay the National Forest parking fees and you get half price on camping and any other fees. They even give you a nice plastic holder that you can hang on your rear view mirror when parked.

It's the only good thing I've found about getting older!

------------------
    Joe

l7 for regular license
    7.25 for trout stamp
    10 for great lakes salmon and trout stamp

that makes my anual license 34.25

Thanks for the info, flyfisherjoe. I am not 62 yet, but I get older by the minute.

It's not the money that I object to. It's not a burden on me. I have a great income (for me and the Mrs at least, but our needs are modest and simple). It's the principle that irritates me. It's public land and it should be accesable to ALL the public, not just the ones of us who are lucky enough to have some disposable income. They should not be able to bar anyone from engaging in a legal, non-licensed activity on public land for any reason. That's one of the things America is supposed to be all about.

I can't imagine how I would've turned out if I'd had to pay for all my woods exploring and ridge-running I did growing up. I couldn't have payed for it back then, but it's what made me the kind of man I grew to become. That's how me and my friends stayed away from drug-dealers, garbage TV, and developed good, wholesome traits and ethics. How many kids are going to be on drugs now, smoking and drinking, because their parents could not afford to pay a fee for them to experience real living, the chance to discover who they really are, and learn to respect the planet and everything and everyone on it?
    It really saddens me when I think on it too much......

Semper Fi!

Well, recently, an position opened up in Omaha with my company. I applied and they said yes. I'll be moving there on 1 March.
    That said, I think I'll be living across the river in Iowa. Just found out that I can get a lifetime fishing license as a disabled vet for 31 bucks.
    Frank Reid

Gigmaster,

I, too, live in GA, and the places I fish rarely require a parking fee, some of which are also popular trailheads. The Forest Service even dropped the fee requirement for a couple of the places I park last year. My experience is that the State parks and NPS areas always charge parking fees, but the Forest Service areas are generally free.

Frank,
    Welcome to Omaha - Council Bluffs (kphume, sorry for hijacking the thread for a moment). We have enough folks in the area, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, that we may have to have our own fish in.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled discusion of licence fees.

Ed

Hey Folks,

South Carolina license for freshwater is
    $10. Saltwater is $5.50. There is
    currently a bill in our house to initiate
    a Hatchery Tag for $5.50. This will be
    required for trout, stripers, wipers, and
    smallmouth.

Non-resident is $35 for a year or $11.00
    for a one week permit. Non-resident salt
    water is $5.50 same as the resident pays.
    Warm regards, Jim

+ Reply to Thread