+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tfo spey rods

Default Tfo spey rods

Has any body out there tried out the TFO spey rods yet?
    I'm kind of kicking around the idea of trying out the 12'6" 6wt.for a local tailwater river.
    We all know the area code for heaven is 406

I have the TFO 6wgt two hander. Very nice casting stick. Fit and finish are very good. It throws an Airflo Delta spey line very nicely. Once you get into casting a two hander, ninety foot casts are pretty easy, but fishing the short game is also very easy with a long rod. Just because you can cast 90 feet, doesn't mean you have to.

With a long 6 wgt a small trout feels big and a large trout feels like a whale.

If you decide on getting a rod, talk to some reputable folks about matching the rod with a line. That's probably the hardest thing about getting a good two hander set up.

If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me.

Ron Eagle Elk

[This message has been edited by NoahsBoyz (edited 06 January 2006).]

Thanks Ron I'm swapping some rods around and want to try something different.
    I live close to Montanas'Kootenai river [really big water at times] and would like to be able to cover more water and
    control my line on the long casts better
    We all know the area code for heaven is 406

Hello.

I am a new user from Norway. I have been following the discussions here for awhile and found many of the discussions both interesting and enligtening.

I usually fish for searun brown trout (both in rivers and salt water) and for Atlantic salmon.

I am considering buying a #6 DH for grilse fishing (small salmon up to 7 pounds). I have considered the Gloomis Metolius Trout spey, 13'4" #5/6 and was wondering if anyone on the board have tried both the Gloomis and TFO DH 12'6" 6wt? And if so, could you please give an opinon on the action on both rods ?

As the casting style in Norway (underhand) favours a rod that is more of a fast tip action than the traditional deep action of a spey rod, I would prefer to know which of the rods that would suit this casting style best before I buy.

Regards

Bluebird

+ Reply to Thread