+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The hairy question...

First off, very nice looking flies, well done! As far as people wanting to display your flies, the way I look at it is once I give something away, it belongs to the person to do with it as they please. I would be honored to have a display made of the flies I tie or to have someone fish them and catcha fish of a lifetime. About the only two things that would upset me is if they threw them away or sold them for profit. I say; go forth and keep tying beautiful flies for people to enjoy however they like. You get the enjoyment of tying the flies and of gifting them to someone to enjoy.

Jim Smith

Waders,

I would probably save one for display/pattern and fish the rest. Now if your Dad had tied them, I would not fish any of them and would put them in a display box and keep on my fly tying table. Sure miss him...

Those are great looking flies and I know your Dad would be very proud of them and he would fish each and every one of them!
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Blog Entries

I have some that were sent to me that I fish and some that I mounted. I got some traditional wets that I sometimes hold one of my flies up to and say, "I'm not there, yet?!?"
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Smile

Waders just touches on the disease. His infection seems to be limited to finished flies.
    There are a lot us that have the more serious version of the disease. We apply the concept of "Too nice to fish with" to new materials also. We gather an inventory of material that we consider too nice to ever use. We relegate these materials to a category we proudly call "Petting Stuff".

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenP View Post
    Waders,

I would probably save one for display/pattern and fish the rest. Now if your Dad had tied them, I would not fish any of them and would put them in a display box and keep on my fly tying table. Sure miss him...

Those are great looking flies and I know your Dad would be very proud of them and he would fish each and every one of them!
    Dad would kick your butt out of the Gheenoe! Just kidding....I have about 50 boxes of flies he tied. Let me know if there is something in particular you would like to have.
    Regards,
    Wade
    P.S. When they stop blowing water till midnight everyday lets go fishing!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Kunz View Post
    Waders just touches on the disease. His infection seems to be limited to finished flies.
    There are a lot us that have the more serious version of the disease. We apply the concept of "Too nice to fish with" to new materials also. We gather an inventory of material that we consider too nice to ever use. We relegate these materials to a category we proudly call "Petting Stuff".
    NICE! I have some mule deer skins that I don't let scissors near! LOL The hair is about 4 inches long and has very little underbody and is some of the best tanned/ dyed skins I have ever come across. I paid way too much for 3 foot by 2 foot swatch.

"Wade
    P.S. When they stop blowing water till midnight everyday lets go fishing!"

Wade,

Do me a favor and PM me a contact number for you. I will keep a check on generation schedule and get back to you when it lets up and hopefully we will be able to meet and fish together. I would enjoy that...
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Waders,

If you sent them to me to fish with they would go fishing and if I felt strongly about it I would ask for some for a display box and let you know it was for that purpose. A keepsake of a tier gone by is another story, I am sentimental.

Sean
    Thanks Old Man GO IRISH!

+ Reply to Thread