+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rod #1

Blog Entries

Default Rod #1

Here it is.

It is a 9ft, 4pc, 4W Now to get a reel and some line for it and go fish it!

A little detail of the first snake and second ferrule.

I inlaid a jungle cock nail just for kicks and grins. This is also one of the home made winding checks.

The second one will be under construction very soon.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Kevin,
    You absolutely amaze me!! That's beautiful.
    Betty
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Blog Entries

Thank you! I do enjoy myself when doing stuff like this.
    Kevin

for a first rod this thing is fantastic. Very nice work.

Very nice job. Enjoy.

Dave

Default Nice !

Great looking first build kbproctor and i'm not sure i've seen the rod info on the reelseat like that before...would you be willing to share the details of how you did that?

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMoose View Post
    Great looking first build kbproctor and i'm not sure i've seen the rod info on the reelseat like that before...would you be willing to share the details of how you did that?

Cheers,

MontanaMoose
    I used a Brother label machine that printed black on clear tape so that is just a "sticker" at this point. I imagine one could use rod finish to nail this down, but the tape is fairly thick and the edges would show much worse than they do now.

I want to order some water slide decal paper for the printer but you still have the problem of not being able to print white with an inkjet. I could order an ALPS printer, but not for a while.
    Kevin

Default Label...

Ah, a brother label. Yeah, i've seen posts mentioning the ALPS printer and wondered if that's what you'd used, or something like it. I'm in the finishing stages of the build i started last winter and i'm thinking i'll do something different than just writing directly on the blank.

I don't remember where i read it, but there is some kind of scotch tape called 'magic' or something that is very thin and covers well with rod finish. I think what is done is the tape is cut to size, put on a piece of clean scrap glass, writing applied in whatever color with india ink maybe or even a fine marker, lifted from the glass then applied to the rod.

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

Kevin: Question here! This may be optical illusion but it "looks" like you may not have wrap finish in the tunnel between the guide foot; rod blank and the wrap thread on that stripper guide? Like I said..it may be totally optical illusion??

Great looking job especially for your first one but STOP NOW!!! Only thing better than USING a rod you have made yourself...if MAKING a rod yourself. Its like being on cocaine....very addictive!!...

Blog Entries

What is the matter with me? I have been freaking out over not being able to print white or other light colors from an inkjet printer on the water-slide decal paper. Use white water-slide paper and print a dark background close to the color of the blankor a nice contrasting color, leaving the text in a light color or white, maybe put a little frame around the info so it looks "right".

I'll have to try that. I just don't like the way it turns out when I try to write on the blank.
    Kevin

+ Reply to Thread