+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Full moon stories here

Default Full moon stories here

Don't have any current ones other than people seem to lose 1/4 of their reasoning ability and seem to be a bit like a, well ............lunatic.

Latin luna; from the belief that lunacy fluctuated with the phases of the moon
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

I dont usually even bother to fish on a full moon except night wading for bones....I am a firm believer in the power of the moon...considering the earth is 3/4 water and the human body even more so the moon has to play a role in behavior for both fish and people...new moon aint much better IMO

Moon Shots
    Attached Images Attached Images

When I used to do a lot of open wheel racing, you could bet on flipping some cars every time there was a full moon...
    "They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore." - John Gierach

I got to thinking about this. Being the practical person I am.

The size of the moon doesn't change. Only the amount of LIT moon changes. IS there really more 'moon effect' on tides and such with a full moon? Is it closer during a full moon? Gonna read about this. I guess I should know already, but.........

I'd think fish would be more active at night with a full moon due to being able to SEE better but that is about it.

People sure seem to act funny though.

Found this. Seems to be a practical article although I know nothing about the source: http://www.livescience.com/strangene...oon-myths.html
    Last edited by Big Bad Wulff; 11-03-2009 at 02:39 PM.

Wulff,

Were you around W. TN back in 1989 - 90 time frame when a full moon was due at the moon's perigee, which was the closest the moon had been to the earth in something like a hundred years. There was a snake oil salesman, with no scientific evidence or standing (no it wasn't Al Gore) who convince lot of folks there would be an earthquake in the W. TN, Memphis area on that date. People actually changed appointments and left town or did not come to Memphis that week. I was in the loss prevention department for Holiday Inn at the time and got involved in emergency preparedness because of it. Of course, nothing happened. Earthquakes are harder to predict than snow down south.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Wulff View Post
    Don't have any current ones other than people seem to lose 1/4 of their reasoning ability and seem to be a bit like a, well ............lunatic.

Latin luna; from the belief that lunacy fluctuated with the phases of the moon

You might find this hard to believe, but at the time of the full moon I've seen somebody fishing with a size 8, fanwing royal coachman... casting with a cross-breeze... without using a furled leader...
    Talk about looney...

Ed

I tend to stay in doors during a full moon. Although the howling drives my wife crazy at times.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

I am on another forum where one of the Moderators is looked up to to the point of major B&^%$ Kissing (sometimes it is so sweet it hurts my teeth)
    Anyway, this guy feels he is the reason so many people are TUBING these days. He also states that in his 50 years of fishing, that a full moon is merely an excuse used by those who are unable to catch fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
    Wulff,

Were you around W. TN back in 1989 - 90 time frame when a full moon was due at the moon's perigee, which was the closest the moon had been to the earth in something like a hundred years. There was a snake oil salesman, with no scientific evidence or standing (no it wasn't Al Gore) who convince lot of folks there would be an earthquake in the W. TN, Memphis area on that date. People actually changed appointments and left town or did not come to Memphis that week. I was in the loss prevention department for Holiday Inn at the time and got involved in emergency preparedness because of it. Of course, nothing happened. Earthquakes are harder to predict than snow down south.
    That is the The New Madrid (Mad rid) fault. For New Madrid, Mo., the center of it. Yup I remember it well. TV crews and everything.
    That fault has shifted in the past. Google "Reelfoot Lake" and read about it. The Mississippi Rive flowed BACKWARD to fill and make this pretty large lake!! Talk about an earthquake!!
    Great fishing on that lake.

+ Reply to Thread