+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Collecting the classics

Default Collecting the classics

Just wondering if anyone else out there collects vintage fly fishing equipment.
    Maybe we could share some info and talk about the stuff we've got.
    Myself, I collect Shakespeare and Kalamazoo automatic fly reels. I just recently gained an interest in South Bend auto's and just aquired my first South Bend model 1133. (non automatic).
    Anyone else into this kind of stuff?

I do some collecting of Shakespeare Wonderods. If you haven't already done so, you ought to look into joining the Old Reel Collector's Assocation (O.R.C.A) [url=http://www.orcaonline.org/:fca39]http://www.orcaonline.org/[/url:fca39]

Got a pile of stuff in the basement, wife calls it "your junk" I think it is old fly fishing stuff. Yea it is!........... Trying to get the board owners to get a link up about collectable fly tackle, would be fun to share information, pictures etc.

I collect old english wooden fly reels. not really too expensive but a nice collectible.

Rods, for me. 9' Granger Victory, 8 1/2' Montague Rapidan, two unknown Montagues at 7' 10" and 8' 6", and a South Bend #24.

Have oodles of my dad's old fly reels, all automatic, and some baitcasters. Also his old fiberglass fly rod, I think a Heddon. Lots of plugs and lures.

------------------
    [url=http://www.native-waters.com:145c7]http://www.native-waters.com[/url:145c7]

[This message has been edited by RStouff (edited 01 March 2005).]

Hey fishigan
    Glad you opened this. Would you be interested in getting an Oren-O-Matic from South Bend, No. 1130 Model D? I know a guy (me) who's got one really cheap (free) who would like to see it go to a good home(somebody who cares). It's a beater but still works. Let me know.
    mcsteff

A D.Micus I just saw one on ebay. It's in great britain. Looked great. If I find it I'll post a link.

Actually, it appears there are a few of them. I had no idea. The one I came across was by accident, I did not realize that many of them in good condition existed.

Hey Mcsteff, I'll take it. Let me know what the shipping is and I'll cover the cost.
    I have about a dozen that are NIB. I have one with the original Shakespeare fly line still in the package, it was never put on the reel. circa 1955.
    I also have a Kalamazoo Wolverine silent wind that I use with a 5wt for gills and small trout streams.

Hey fishigan
    You going to the Warren Show March 12-13? We could do lunch on Saturday or Sunday and I could give it to ya then. Or give it to ridderbos cause he sometimes goes to the show. Shipping would prolly cost more than it's worth *G*. Or we could meet at the Dowagiac and let John show us where to go. Whatever...shipping, show or fishing...lemme know.
    mcsteff

+ Reply to Thread