+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Here they are

Default Here they are

Let's have fun:

http://www.orvis.com/store/product_d...HUNT&cm_pla=11

curious to see where this post leads...LOL

Goddess, I fear you may have opened a can of worms, but still , I'm intrigued. I would like to handle one, maybe for a week or two while up to my belly in a river!!! A $500 Helios....humm.

Quote Originally Posted by 51BC View Post
    Goddess, I fear you may have opened a can of worms, but still , I'm intrigued. I would like to handle one, maybe for a week or two while up to my belly in a river!!! A $500 Helios....humm.
    Ain't it fun!!!

Blog Entries

Ohh Ohhh Ohhh I wanna start,

Stupid overpriced rods wont do anything that my $14.95 walmart special or the branch I cut off the willow tree last week will do. why should I pay that amount for a rod and anyone who doesis an rich pretentious rod snob.

Tongue firmly in Cheek

Eric
    Last edited by Eric-WD; 10-22-2009 at 04:30 PM.
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

Not for this old coot....nope

Once I saw and handeled a high $$ factory rod...I started building my own. The wife and I now own 18......comprised of Sage ( my fav) Loomis and St Croix blanks ( her fav)

If these are a good as the Helios, I'll definitely pick one up. I just wish Orvis made them in switch rod lengths.

And if you can't tell the difference between a Walmart special and a top end rod, I would recommend casting lessons...

I think it's a smart move on Orvis' part. If I was in the market for a new rod, I would give them a look.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

Normand Guest

let the orvis bashing begin!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Not for this old coot....nope

Once I saw and handeled a high $$ factory rod...I started building my own. The wife and I now own 18......comprised of Sage ( my fav) Loomis and St Croix blanks ( her fav)
    Sully, I have turned to wrapping my own also, but the name brand BLANKS are real close to the price of these babys.

Got to get me one! But then I think I just about own or have owned one of everything Orvis has offered in the past 15 years.
    It's a tradition thing....so it's okay.....right? can't break the trend now....right?

Quote Originally Posted by whatfly View Post
    And if you can't tell the difference between a Walmart special and a top end rod, I would recommend casting lessons...

he never said anything about the difference, just that his Walmart special would do the same thing...(not so sure about the willow branch though)

personally, if I'm spending that much money (or more) on a fly rod, A) it had better be grass, and B) my wife had better not find out how much I spent on it.

plus, I also like a rod with a little more heft to it (maybe that's why I enjoy glass and grass so much), but that's just me...
    "Some people fish their entire lives without realizing it's not the fish they're after."

+ Reply to Thread