+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Neoprene hip waders

Default Neoprene hip waders

Looking for a pair of neoprene hip waders. Any suggestion where to find a pair? Preferably not camo.

Cabelas has a boot-foot model:
    http://www.cabelas.com/p-0033400810753a.shtml

I've got an old pair of Hodgman stocking-foot hippers but they don't seem to make them any more. Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Scott

Thanks for the reply Scott. That's just what I'm looking for except for the felt sole's. I think that's all the Cabela's are avaliable in. I think your right about the Hodgman's , they don't seem to make them anymore.

Default caution

boot foot waders are fine but just be sure they fit you properly. I bought a pair and they gave my feet and ankles fits and blisters. i had to sell them. just try them on before you leave the store.
    Bruce

I like Dan Bailey's stocking foot hippers

Never been to Texas, but can't think of a reason to need neoprene hippers that far south of Colorado ? Waters can't be anywhere near as cold than what comes off the Continental Divide mountains, can they ? PM sent.

Katy, Texas (Houston is our biggest suburb!)
    Blog Entries

Default neoprene waders

saltydancindave:

It must be remembered that "The Republic of Texas" extends from just north of what is known by some as Saratoga, Wyoming on south to below the Tropic of Cancer, and that we have temporarily loaned some of it back to some nice folks that call their respective areas, Wyoming, Colorado, and New Mexico, as well as a bunch of folks who call their part of the territory Mexico. So yes, in some areas we Texans DO have some waters that make a pair of neoprene hip waders feel good on occassion.

aged_sage
    a TEXAN

Thank's aged sage. I'm planning a trip north in December and plan to see some pretty chilly water's and don't think the breathable's will be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by aged_sage View Post
    saltydancindave:

It must be remembered that "The Republic of Texas" extends from just north of what is known by some as Saratoga, Wyoming on south to below the Tropic of Cancer, and that we have temporarily loaned some of it back to some nice folks that call their respective areas, Wyoming, Colorado, and New Mexico, as well as a bunch of folks who call their part of the territory Mexico. So yes, in some areas we Texans DO have some waters that make a pair of neoprene hip waders feel good on occassion.

aged_sage
    a TEXAN
    Everythings always bigger in Texas, especially as others are going to have be wearing hippers when fishing the Wind River Range outside of Saratoga when the Texans come waving their state flag color coordinated fly rod & reel outfits claiming the waters are still part of the tex-mex-us providence; especially in this modern day cattle drive to fly fish !

Red face

have you considerd canvas top hip wader, I used them for years in SE Washington for steel head fishing and if you ever been in that part of the country dure steelie season you know how cold the water can be. They worked fine in keeping your legs and feet warm they are less in cost and a lot more tuff then neoprene. In fact I still have a pair that work fine and they are some like 15 years old. They have been through beaver stick to black berry bushes.
    Ghost

+ Reply to Thread