Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WHAT's next ?

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Thumbs down Sorry, I just don't have much sympathy!

I'm sure that I'm going to be labelled a self-righteous @&%*(() by some of the people reading this but it's really difficult to feel sorry for smokers any more. With all the information out there about cigarettes, it's hard to believe that anyone would smoke and risk their life and health with such an obnoxious habit. The farther you can legally keep that noxious poison away from nonsmokers, the happier I will be. Second and third hand smoke are real killers too. All I have to do is remember the borish behavior of many smokers before there were laws to protect the rights of nonsmoking adults and children, and I simply say that the shoe is now on the other foot---tough sh*t smokers! Sorry to offend anyone but that's how I feel. Please feel free to disagree with me but remember that would make you a moron! 8T
    Last edited by Eight Thumbs; 10-12-2009 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eight Thumbs View Post
    I'm sure that I'm going to be labelled a self-righteous @&%*(() by some of the people reading this but it's really difficult to feel sorry for smokers any more. With all the information out there about cigarettes, it's hard to believe that anyone would smoke and risk their life and health with such an obnoxious habit. The farther you can legally keep that noxious poison away from nonsmokers, the happier I will be. Second and third hand smoke are real killers too. All I have to do is remember the borish behavior of many smokers before there were laws to protect the rights of nonsmoking adults and children, and I simply say is that the shoe is now on the other foot---tough sh*t smokers! Sorry to offend anyone but that's how I feel. Please feel free to disagree with me but remember that would make you a moron! 8T
    8T for president
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

Please feel free to disagree with me but remember that would make you a moron! 8T

FAOL sound bite of the year!
    This cracks me up .....
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

That quote stopped me

Mark

Default I can't help myself...

Something for you Muskrat:

http://www.reuters.com/article/press...09+PRN20090622

I'll prolly be fired for this, but i don't think smoking is a good thing.

No cheer,

MontanaMoose

Quote Originally Posted by Muskrat View Post
    And Dave your state will probably be the first one to tax and fine people for flatulence, body odor and other noxious smells/emissions.

Default Small World

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Walking through Teton Village in Wyoming I came across this sign. Personally, I do not smoke ( quit Feb 6, 1969 1 at 2:30 PM) and continue to be a NON-smoker rather than an ANTI-smoker , but this sign pushed my button. Just WHAT is next on THEIR agenda.

Mark
    PS: I haven't been able to get information as to penalties for defying law/?
    Marco,
    This post made me laugh. I made these signs and a few hundred others. I work in a sign shop in Idaho Falls and "they" are a pretty big customer. Just a funny coincidence. Ticks me off too.
    mgliss
    Get Em!

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMoose View Post
    Something for you Muskrat:

http://www.reuters.com/article/press...09+PRN20090622

I'll prolly be fired for this, but i don't think smoking is a good thing.

No cheer,

MontanaMoose
    That is the Pennsylvania State Constitution and not the Federal constitution. You see this actually a State's Rights issue. 620,000+ died during the civil war to determine the the states did have the right to govern their own citizens without interference from the Federal Government or other states. Also living so close to Harrisburg I do not like anything that "Slick Eddie" the Philly gangster does nor his lame duck buddy at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

8T,
    You have a right to your opinion. You do not have the right to not be offended by the opinions of others. I am a non-smoker so you will understand it when I tell you that you are an idiot for degrading people that exercise their right my buddies paid for in blood to disagree with you. Perhaps hypocrite more fitting of you.
    Last edited by Muskrat; 10-12-2009 at 11:24 PM.
    Rodney

"We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. " George S. Patton Jr., General, U.S.A., Ret.

"we don't need grudges here or on the water", Practice what you preach. Use the PM function.

Quote Originally Posted by kbproctor View Post
    Want a reason to quit smoking? High Colorado headwaters full of trout! That 9000+ft elevation takes it out of healthy non-smokers, but if you are a lowlander and smoke, you will be lucky to make it to the stream let alone get any fishing in.
    Very true!
    Rodney

"We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. " George S. Patton Jr., General, U.S.A., Ret.

"we don't need grudges here or on the water", Practice what you preach. Use the PM function.

Quote Originally Posted by Eight Thumbs View Post
    Please feel free to disagree with me but remember that would make you a moron! 8T
    ROFLMAO

8T,

You have got to make that your new signature.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Talking Glad you enjoyed the post!

Quote Originally Posted by TyroneFly View Post
    ROFLMAO

8T,

You have got to make that your new signature.
    Hi TyroneFly,

I will give that suggestion serious consideration. Much thanks. 8T

Closed Thread