+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hook and Hackle Hi Floater lines

Default Hook and Hackle Hi Floater lines

Does anyone have any reports about Hook and Hackles Hi floater lines? I have been buying most of my stuff there since my local fly shop has closed. Any comments would be greatly appreciated by posting or emailing me. I would tend to think that the lines would be of good quality like the rest of his products.

Thanks,
    Seege

I used them all last season. It was time to change all my lines, so I used 5, 6, & 7 sizes, all WF, all floating. I like them a great deal. It's been said they are really Cortland 444 Peach re-branded for H&H, but I don't know if that's true. You can't go wrong for the price, for certain.

------------------
    [url=http://www.native-waters.com:629aa]http://www.native-waters.com[/url:629aa]

I received a DT 5 wt for Christmas, but have not been able to cast it yet as it's pretty frozen here. I can say that I do like the color. It's a nice natural olive color. I'm hoping the fish won't notice it as much as the brighter yellow fly line that I used last year.

--Luke

Thanks for the comments guys. JC you are probably correct as everything that I have purchased from Bob has been with no regrets whats so ever.

Thanks again,
    Seege

FIREMAN - I have a lot of lines, and the H&H olive lines are among my favorites. The color is great for ffishing small streams here in PA, where overhead canopy is green (in spring-fall) and I believe the flash of a bright false casted line can spook the trouts in that situation.

I can believe that these H&H's are variations of the Cortland 444 Peach - they are both quite limp, even in cold weather. The H&H's seem a tad less rubbery or grabby in warm weather, so they are more versatile for me.

Both work especially well for me with cane, borons, fiberglass and moderate actioned graphites.

------------------
    tl
    les

Thanks for the post Fireman. I too am looking for a good line of lines to buy. I want to purchase 4 lines of different sink rates and want the smooth pastel sorta colors. That 4 could grow to 16 because I haven't decided which rod I want to fish all the 50+ lakes in my area with. Think due to the advice given here....I will be calling Mr. Bob.

Appreciate the thread Fireman.

Gem

+ Reply to Thread