+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spearfish Creek

Default Spearfish Creek

I will be moving to Spearfish South Dakota in the next few weeks. Never have lived in a trout area. Have fished for them a little, with some success, but most of my experience is in the salt and warm water. Any suggestions as to areas (have read about Spearfish Creek), patterns, and any available warm water would be appreciated. Since it will soon be winter, I will have some time to explore possibilities before next season, although I have caught a few trout in the winter. I have a 8' 4wt. Any help would be appreciated. I like to walk, so a hike is not a problem. Thanks

I'm sorry ... I could give you some answers, but, with your moving there ... I think I hate you!
    HOW DO SOME PEOPLE GET ALL THE LUCK?!?! whimper.

Check out Hans in the Dakota Angler store in Rapid City. He's a wealth of information on what's happening, and when, and how.

And, if I grovel real nice, could we fish with you when we come back up in May??
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Betty,

Thanks for the reply. Let the groveling begin!. Actually, it would be me doing that, seeing that apparently you have knowledge of the area. I will definately look up Hans. After reading the regs, I learned that I must have 3 months of residency before obtaining an in state license. Oh well, at least it will coincide with the colder months. Still will be hard not to wet a line for that period.

+ Reply to Thread