Default Midwest Fly Fishing Magazine

Midwest Fly Fishing Magazine
    3440 Belt Line Blvd. Ste. 206
    St. Louis Park, MN 55416
    (952) 920-9028
    email: mwfly@mwfly.com

The October edition should be in your mail
    boxes shortly.

I hope you enjoy the article I have in it.

http://www.mwfly.com/contents.html

Is sponsor for FAOL

http://www.flyanglersonline.com/cgi-...m/about/mwfly/
    Last edited by spinner1; 10-13-2009 at 11:02 PM.

Len,
    Thanks for the links. I've tried finding the magazine, but, apparently, their circulation doesn't reach all of the way down here to SE Texas.
    Maybe I can get them to mail me just the one copy.

Kirk

It's not in wide circulation. Some of the fly shops in Michigan have it but I get mine in the mail. I won a subscription in a raffle this year. It is not a large publication so you don't get 70-80 pages of glossy ads with a couple of articles. You get 40 pages with more quality articles packed in with less ads ...probably some of the best articles I've seen in any FF publication. The really nice thing is that all of the articles pertain to stuff I want and can use from a FF mag. Things that cover my fishing area...the Midwest. I don't particularly like paying for magazines that MIGHT give me one article I can use with others going to salt water, global travel (not going to happen for me), high end resorts or other waters I'll most likely never get to see. The other cool thing is that I've met almost all of the featured writers at one time or another and some I can call friends.

I'm for sure going to continue getting it, when my current subscription runs out.
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh

"Catch and Release,...like Corrections Canada" ~ Rick Mercer

Unfortunately, the "midwest" doesn't include Missouri, or any warm water fishing.
    "You must not be too greedy in catching your said game (fish), as in taking too much at one time...That could easily be the occasion of destroying your own sport and other men's also." Juliana Berners (1450)

Canada is midwest, but missouri is not? The last time I looked at a map, it looked like we are the definition of midwest. but I never was good at geography.
    David

McManus,

I know that MWFF most always has several warm water articles. Much more WW content than any other flyfishing mag that I've seen since WWFF closed it's doors. Look at some back issues, I believe that Holschlag has done a few smallmouth articles that talk about MO smallies.

Kevin

Default Yes, Warm water

Agreed Kevin lots of WW stuff - bass, pike,muskies, carp, etc. Cover stories muskies & carp for sure in last year. Tim Holschlag is magazine's warm water editor with articles in every issue.

Thumbs up Midwest Fly fishing Magazine

Midwest Fly fishing Magazine, is a wonderful magazine, that addresses just about any water (notice I said just about) that anyone might fish. They are the only fly fishing magazine (that I know of) that hosts to Fly Fishing Expos every year (Minneapolis & Chicago).

You call up Midwest Fly fishing Magazine, the Owner answers the phone!

Do not expect a lot of glossy colored pictures, the only color is on the front page, and the rest of the magazine is black print, with black & white photos!

I agree, that this magazine has more information that you can use, in every issue. ~Parnelli

Blog Entries

Default did you get it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by crazy4oldcars View Post
    Len,
    Thanks for the links. I've tried finding the magazine, but, apparently, their circulation doesn't reach all of the way down here to SE Texas.
    Maybe I can get them to mail me just the one copy.

Kirk
    Did you like my story?

Hey, Len.
    Nothing in the mail, yet. I can't complain, tho. The publisher was going to give it to me, since I'm so far out of his circulation area. I keep checking the mailbox and hoping.

Kirk

+ Reply to Thread