+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sunglasses

Default Sunglasses

I'm a fan of Smith Optics (formerly Action Optics) myself.

http://www.smithoptics.com/Specialty...tegory_77.html

I second the nod to Coyotes, which I get from Sierra Trading Post. I don't mind paying $40 to replace the ones that inevitably get lost.
    I think, therefore I fish.

I have had more than one pair of prescription sunglasses. Last time around went with a pair of "Fitovers". They fit fine and comfortable over my regular glasses. Should find them at or under $50. They have lens in the side for even more eye protection from UV rays. They look and seem a bit bulky but you get used to them and then they become un-noticeable. If I were to break or lose would immeditely get another pair. I have a pair in amber lens and a pair in gray lens.

I get so used to the protection....it is so comfortable...I go nuts if I have to drive to town and can't find my Fitovers. They protect so well. They have a website. Think it is plain fitovers.com but not sure.

I am so satisfied.....of course I have never had those expensive ones mentioned...but I see absolutely no need to go that high in price.

Now having said that....Sagefisher got it right. The Cocoons are even BETTER! Sweeet polarized sunglases. I bet they don't reach a hundred bucks either.

Just fyi

I love my amber cocoons. I especially love not having to switch off my prescription glasses.

Put the Steep and Cheap site on your browser and keep a window open to it. It will automatically update and they have Costa Del Mars, Smiths, Oakleys, Bolle, and other popular glasses on at more that 50% off. I've bought clothing, camping gear, all kinds of stuff at great discounts. Each deal is on for only a short time so check the site regularly. I just picked up a pair of Costa Del Mar Release Sunglasses - Polarized Tortoise frames with 3 sets of interchangeable lenses - Gray/Dark Amber/Vermillion for $49.00.

http://www.steepandcheap.com/

The Campmor price for the same glasses are $79.97 and retail is $139.

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/...0&CS_010=87437
    Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

The Maui Jim s are sweet glasses!
    I found a pair on EBAY for a reasonable price and loved them for the two months I had them. I lost them while fishing though and my wife says I can't get another pair until I can prove I'm responsible enough.
    Man how does one do THAT?
    I managed to slide another pair under the radar but they are the bikini model and are extremely small. I'll use them anyhow because I can't return them but liked the first pair much better. You can't beat the second gen polarization!!

Maui Jims are my fishing glasses but they have to be glass lenses and not polycarbonate. I have two pair of Typhoons, one with Amber lenses for bright light and Rose lenses for dark days.

The first pair I bought when they first came out, and MJ only made a few styles of glasses. When they get scratched up, Maui Jim sends me a new pair for $60.00. I've had them so long I've replaced two pair. They last me about 10 years between replacement so it comes out to $6/yr for each pair.

Thh best price I have found is:

http://www.shadesemporium.com/Produc...ProductID=1962
    Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

Smith action optics is all i used the last 25 yrs. Check e-bay

+ Reply to Thread